Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

newbie wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie wheelie

Anyone have advice for a new guy at or how to do a wheelie? Like should I tear my f4 down to its bones and just go out there and grow some ***** and get that front end off the ground

Old 07-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search youtube for "how to wheelie" and there are tons of video tutorials but the best is seat time.
Start small and work your way up, If you think you might not have the skill then take your plastics of as they are super expensive to replace and add some frame sliders.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:25 PM

sounds good plan on getting a cage rather then just the sliders, the cage may cost more but it looks badass, and yes i have seen some videos about how to do it but im still not sure how my 600 will react when u pop the clutch and give it gas at the same time, so still learning where things r at, and i plan on trying some wheelies on my buddies dirt bike

Old 07-01-2011, 01:06 PM

+1 on growing *****.

I saw one video of a guy who used his bikes shocks to help pop the front up. he'd push down on it then pull up hard while giving it gas. like we used to do when we were kids. could give that a shot as well. just be sure you're in an empty parking lot rather than a city street.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:01 PM

Plan on it and I live on a street where hardly any cars go down and its usually the same person that drives down my street

Old 07-02-2011, 08:27 PM

Don't waste your time trying to power wheelie a 600. And compressing the suspension and trying to bounce it up is less controllable than learning to do it right and clutch it up. When people are first learning to clutch it up, they tend to want to watch the gauge cluster, this will only make learning much more difficult. Listen to the motor and your ears will learn what RPM is best, it may be a little un-nerving but it will in the end make things much smoother. Get out there, take your time, grow a pair and things will work out.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:08 AM

Haha I plan on it I've seen videos about clutching it up I am just nervous that if it goes up then the bike will just keep rising past 12 to 1 then 2 then u no making the bike bounce which isn't good without a stunt cage bounce meaning crash

Old 07-03-2011, 09:53 AM

idk about konaman, but my f4i will power wheelie in first all day long pretty easily without bouncing the suspension. its how i learned to get over the natural instinct of leaning foward when the bike comes up, got decent at that, then moved to standups on the foot pegs, then standups on the back pegs. 2nd gear clutch ups at about 45ish is my ideal spot to play. and about your fear of looping, a tap of the rear brake while your up will eliminate the looping instantly, however unless you roll on the throttle coming back down your going to see what tank slap is and possibly wreck, but at least that way you have a chance to save it vs a loop where your just screwed no matter what

Last edited by itlnF4I; 07-03-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:22 PM

Ok sweet im thinking about just tearing the bike down throw some frame sliders on it and I guess pop the clutch and learn the clutch that way

Old 07-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cuetip
Ok sweet im thinking about just tearing the bike down throw some frame sliders on it and I guess pop the clutch and learn the clutch that way
I find the clutch way the safest and easiest if you take it slow.
At first it will just jump forward and not lift up but just graduately give it more throttle every time and it will come up no problems.
Just learn at your own pace.

Quick Reply: newbie wheelie