Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Need a push in the right direction...Pixel or others..

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a push in the right direction...Pixel or others..

So i am really trying to learn endo's, been practicing for a couple weeks now. So far i suck lol, but i am really consistant at where i am, but am not sure what to do to advance. I assume i either have to go faster, which i am leaning against. Or i have to work on getting the bike up faster, which i think is correct. I have watched some vids, and from what i am doing and what i have seen seems like i am at least on the right path. Coming in straight, raise off the seat a bit and let it come to me and take me the rest of the way up. So do i just give more brake, or raise up with the bike higher maybe? I dunno lol. Perhaps just a lot more practice. I went out tonite and did about 100 or so of them, and video'd them all. After review they all look about the same. I uploaded 2 in slo motion, maybe someone can help me a bit anyhow, until then i am gonna work on higher, faster. Oh for what its worth i am coming in about 35-40 mph.

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p318/TK954rr/?action=view¤t=dc2.flv

Old 07-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Default RE: Need a push in the right direction...Pixel or others..

get the bike up faster and roll farther. dont speed up. stay under 40 mph and try gettin the bike higher and get it there faster

Old 07-01-2008, 10:01 PM

just my theory (from all the vids i've seen) just like BP wheelies, it takes less effort on throttle to keep it in the air. I believe this is the same for endos, all stunters i've seen will just get the back-end RIGHT to BP which takes less brake to control and they will just roll.

(I know it's different because you have no safety net, if you go pass BP -your screwed. not like the rear brake will save you)

But this is just what i've seen. Maybe that will get those gears ticking in your brain [8D]

Old 07-01-2008, 10:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUVL9FUjabs

watch 0:31.. see how the guy gets it up right to BP and rolls it out - he was probably going 45-50mph

and if you watch at 3:00+, you will see these guys not even close to their BP and they get a short roll.

(dude, i totally understand how you feel on the bike also.. it's not like a thrasher, which if you drop - just pick it up and ride off...)

Old 07-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Thats kinda what i figured, i am just gonna have to push it a little harder i guess. Thanks for the re-inforcement.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 PM

on a side note, I'm usually pretty impressed by some of the stunting done. but those Endo's were simply awe inspiring

Old 07-01-2008, 11:48 PM

My friend and I made good progress in just a few weeks, by just marking where we start at, and how far we roll. Kind of helps gauge your progress.

I would suggest that you choose a speed that allows you to roll the stoppie, and still have speed left to roll away once the stoppie is done. The ones where you go to a complete stop are more likely to flip because all the sudden your braking power goes waaaaaay up.

So yeah, good idea to gauge your stoppies on video, but maybe mark a starting spot and see if you can start adding the feet!

Keep progressing your starting speed as you feel comfortable, and soon you'll be steering em! (learning that now)

- Pixel -

Old 07-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Thanks Pixel, i do try not to come to a stop, i figure it isnt worth that risk. I will definatly try your tips as i keep progressing, appreciate the input.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:47 AM

Wow, I'm not really ready to start this on mine, too scared to mess it up. I did try it once and got it like an inch off the ground, but thats about it. You're doing pretty well from what I can see. I'd say ya, get it up higher...but that's easy to say from sitting in front of a computer screen. My brother is just getting to where he's trying them on his 06, but doing even worse than you are. Doesn't roll at all, just comes up and back down. Good luck

Old 07-02-2008, 07:28 AM

Damn TK, I think their lookin pretty good. I was messing around on my way to and from Waupaca last night. Went with a buddy that has a stunted '99 R6 and we were having a blast! The tendons in my left had are killin me! Good luck with the progress.

~Adam

Quick Reply: Need a push in the right direction...Pixel or others..