Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Long Wheelies...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011 | 03:17 PM

it took me a while to find the balance point. i was poppin up wheelies then bitchin out and bringin it back down. you gotta just keep at it and eventually you will ride them longer and longer without riding out your gear. or at least thats how i learned.

Old 02-02-2011 | 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by andymiester
definatly grab a dirtbike, im 17 and could hardy afford my f3 so i always get practice on the dirtbike till i get it perfect before trying anything on my real bike, dirtbikes are invincible and grass is soft
big +100 .... dirt bikes are killer to learn wheelies on.

Old 02-03-2011 | 06:59 AM

agreed, i also learned alot on a CRF 230. i wrecked that thing a bunch, but better that than my sportbike!

Old 02-03-2011 | 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Monkeh
The only wat to find it is to practice, which is advised to do on a stunt bike as you're gonna drop it alot.
Drop it a lot? Never dropped a road bike doing a mono (touch wood) and I'm talking long, stand up 5th gear ones. Lot's of them, became a bit of a problem after a while. My friends actually used to joke and say that my GSXR's front tyre won't wear out. Lol. It tears between the treads from putting it down after it stops spinning. Only been over the bars doing an endo (stoppie, nose wheelie) once recently and that was on my CR250R being cocky and getting up some decent speed and distance. Haven't owned a road bike in over 10 years and got an F3 just before Christmas and already I've started the one wheel addiction all over again. It's been 10 years but 4th gear holding it there on the balance point aint bad, or should I say fun?

Old 02-03-2011 | 12:01 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF

Originally Posted by pepperman
Drop it a lot? Never dropped a road bike doing a mono (touch wood) and I'm talking long, stand up 5th gear ones. Lot's of them, became a bit of a problem after a while. My friends actually used to joke and say that my GSXR's front tyre won't wear out. Lol. It tears between the treads from putting it down after it stops spinning. Only been over the bars doing an endo (stoppie, nose wheelie) once recently and that was on my CR250R being cocky and getting up some decent speed and distance. Haven't owned a road bike in over 10 years and got an F3 just before Christmas and already I've started the one wheel addiction all over again. It's been 10 years but 4th gear holding it there on the balance point aint bad, or should I say fun?

he's not talkin about 100mph wheelies on the interstate . He's referring to "slow" technical wheelies with brake used and if you're good you throw a circle in there. Pro's drop there bikes from time to time.

Old 02-03-2011 | 12:39 PM

Been stunting for a long time now. You need to find BP, and believe me... you ARE going to loop your bike. Stay in 1st gear, work on REAR BRAKE CONTROL! Let me repeat myself... REAR BRAKE CONTROL!!! Go out and practice dropping the clutch from about 10 maybe 15 mph but DON'T bring the bike up... instead hit the rear brake. Get used to feeling the bike come down when hitting the back brake. Gradually get higher and higher and higher... ride it out. If you pop your bike up at 10,000rpms you don't have much time to practice finding BP. But as I said... ALWAYS COVER YOUR REAR BRAKE!!! Once you start to get comfortable then you can start to crank up your idle. I would always stunt in the lot @ 3300 rpms (idle) so it's a lot easier to stay on BP, but as a rookie I recommend not going over 2000 rpms (idle). The reason why is once you get BP and you have your idle cranked up, if you DON'T TAP THE REAR BRAKE it will loop.

Good luck!

Last edited by Irishboxer08; 02-03-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-03-2011 | 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by nickels
he's not talkin about 100mph wheelies on the interstate . He's referring to "slow" technical wheelies with brake used and if you're good you throw a circle in there. Pro's drop there bikes from time to time.
Sorry dude, was late and lack of sleep. Yes, slow are very different.

Old 02-03-2011 | 06:50 PM

Actually, I just re read the first post. Not once does he refer to "slow" "technical" wheelies or balance point. Yes, everyone else is telling him this (which is what he needs to practice first) but it's just my input. Whether it's a slow and long wheelie or a high speed one, nothing is really explained too well besides the fact that his rpm is right up there and he's not sure how fast or far he's travelling. He want's to do long ones, that's all.

Last edited by pepperman; 02-03-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-03-2011 | 07:08 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF

Originally Posted by pepperman
Actually, I just re read the first post. Not once does he refer to "slow" "technical" wheelies or balance point. Yes, everyone else is telling him this (which is what he needs to practice first) but it's just my input. Whether it's a slow and long wheelie or a high speed one, nothing is really explained too well besides the fact that his rpm is right up there and he's not sure how fast or far he's travelling. He want's to do long ones, that's all.

he said stunt in his comment homie, that means slow wheelies to everybody i know...you aint "stunting" in 5th gear on the back wheel like you say you do.... you dont need a stunt bike to do interstate squidlies

Old 02-03-2011 | 07:25 PM

he said stunt in his comment homie, that means slow wheelies to everybody i know...you aint "stunting" in 5th gear on the back wheel like you say you do.... you dont need a stunt bike to do interstate squidlies
I never once said that I "stunt". Far from it, I just saw the post and decided to have a look. It's a forum man, anyone can comment. And I'm pretty sure the dude didn't ask how to stunt. Probably posted in stunters corner to ask how to do "long wheelies" because if he put into, lets say "off topic" for example, he would be told he posted in the wrong section. Man, couldn't be bothered explaining.

Quick Reply: Long Wheelies...