Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

lessons learned the hard way

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lessons learned the hard way

this isn't a real horror story, but still not too pleasant of an experienc for me, so i thought i'd share my hard-earned lesson with some of you who may be younger and unmarried...

if your wife is the over-protective kind, and seems slightly scared of the fact that you ride a sport bike, DON'T surprise her by showing her how well you can ride a wheelie. trust me, it will NOT go over well. i met my wife at the grocery store earlier and followed her home. we took off from a red light and i let her get ahead of me, and then proceeded to pass her with the front wheel up in the air. that didn't sit too well with her, given that she had no idea i could even ride a wheelie. so here's the lesson... if you're already married, find out how your wife feels about wheelies before you reveal to her that you can ride one... and if you're single, don't marry a tight-*** that doesn't like sport bikes. my wife was finally starting to warm up to the thought of me ona bike until today.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Default RE: lessons learned the hard way

not been married long have ya? the only thing dumber than riding a wheelie past your wife, is riding a wheelie past a cop

Old 06-09-2007, 01:19 AM

[&:]barely dumber. She'll forgive and forget as long asyou dont stress the subject with her. Don't worry bout it.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

my wife keeps asking when she can film/photograph me doing stunts . since im not that good i keep putting her off [8D]

Old 06-09-2007, 04:10 AM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

my wife keeps asking when she can film/photograph me doing stunts . since im not that good i keep putting her off [8D]
way to show off!

the guys wife is pissed at him and you come on and brag about how your wife LOOVEEEES stunts?

seriously, wats wrong with you?

lol, im totally kidding.

and rmr, id try telling her that its a good way to learn the "feel of the clutch"...so you dont' get surprised & crash when the front wheel suddenly pops off....try to make it sound really complicated by using big words....hopefully she isn't too motorcycle/wheelie savvy do she'll feel stupid and will wanna drop the subject....best of luck to u.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: XcesiveSlyd

[&:]barely dumber. She'll forgive and forget as long asyou dont stress the subject with her. Don't worry bout it.
+2
hit the nail on the head my friend!! My wife FREAKS when people even talk to me about stunt let alone seeing me do them.....
after my first wreck a few years back she barely let me get back on a bike!!
I do all my so called "stunts"(not very good yet) in secret!

Old 06-16-2007, 01:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my future wife will be the girl who wanted to ride on the seat while i did a highchair wheelie....

Old 06-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Err

marriage = trouble

Old 06-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if shell hold on while i ride a wheelie shes good enough for me, long as shes fine and freaky

Old 07-11-2007, 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

my future wife will be the girl who wanted to ride on the seat while i did a highchair wheelie....
I wont marry you, but i'm down to ride.

Quick Reply: lessons learned the hard way