Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Learning the "BP"

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Learning the "BP"

I had a hard time getting in the habit of using it also. I guess i trained myself by consiously using it to bring my bike back down from wheelies. Then i just practiced setting it down as softly as i could with just the rear brake control, then before i knew it i was comfortable with it and using it without thinking.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:53 AM

ORIGINAL: stunter411
unlike pixel 6 for me it was easier to flip the bike in lower speeds!!!
I looped at about 15 mph.

Parking lot session working on keeping em slow. Brake failed... and like I said... I'm a brake ***** lol. I shut down the throttle, but I don't have enough experience without the brake to know how to bring it back to earth.

I've learned since then that there are ways to recover without the brake... but well beyond my capability at the moment.

Slow crashes can be bad too...

Old 04-30-2008, 07:02 AM

Ooh, I see... miscommunication here I think...
ORIGINAL: pixel 6
It's hard to bring yourself to do at first... but the faster you launch it to BP the better.
- Pixel -
I didn't mean to imply a fast rolling speed there. I meant rather than clutching it 1 foot off the ground, and powering it up the rest of the way... It's better to clucth it hard enough to get all the way up to / past the bp, and use your brake to settle it there. Again, starting as slow as possible... i.e. 5mph.

- Pixel -

Old 04-30-2008, 06:33 PM

while we're on the topic, i have been practicing wheelies on my 05RR and it hasn't become a problem yet but how do disable the tip over sensor and does it really have to be done? I have read on different postings that we should, but i haven't been able to find any instructions on how to disable it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

^ unsure, you may try the 600 or 1k section, which ever you have, they get a lot more traffic there and someone may have the answer. If not go carouse stuntlife.com, i dont know if i would ask there lol, (they are hardcore) but i am positive the answer should be found there.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: dcen

while we're on the topic, i have been practicing wheelies on my 05RR and it hasn't become a problem yet but how do disable the tip over sensor and does it really have to be done? I have read on different postings that we should, but i haven't been able to find any instructions on how to disable it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
yea u do have to!!! do this: cut the two out side wires twist(conect) them togeterh and leave the middle one just like it is. just tape it off so it doesent tuch anything..... that works for most 600... i never had to do that on my 954 and i can do 11 clockcoasters and everyting is fine.... idk if someone took itoff or it never came factory idk

Old 05-03-2008, 06:15 PM

It looks like they used pieces of an erector set to put ur leg back together.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:42 AM

Im not no stunter. I like to ride highway stand ups yeah I know dangerous. All ways wanted to learn the slow stuff but man my bikes to nice for all that(not drowning anybody). I was reading the post I saw you guys was talking about the rear brake. When I was learning bp stand ups I only had to used the rear brake once. I can ride a 2nd gear stand up as long as I want. What do you guys get out of using the rear brake besides slower wheelies. I mean I came up from riding are different kinds of 2 strokes dirt bikes and I always felt that if you can wheelie a dirt bike then street is easier. All my friends use there rear brakes. When I started learning they would say man you can do this **** in your sleep(that always made me feel good). Anyways I tried using the rear brake it made it harder for me. Not saying that I don't cover it always do. I guess people ride different ways. Is that wrong like I said everybody always talks about using the rear brake. Did I miss something should I change up and learn it.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:03 PM

whats up guys? long time no talk after this long *** wisconsin winter I am back hahaha. Anyways thought I could jump in here and put in my .02. I almost never use my rear brake and I can ride wheelies for miles. Thats not to say you noobs shouldn't cover your rear brake when learning, I always cover my rear brake I just never use it. I almost always use my body and throttle to control the bike and have not had a problem. Only thing is I usually ride wheelies at about 20-70mph. I dont slow them down. I can start at 20 and get it to 40-70 and just ride it out. But I dont get it up and then ride 20mph. In my case there is no need to do that on back highways and what ever else. I am not crackin them in town and riding them around. I am usually always on the highways so I am around 50-70mph riding. Now to put in my cents about the balance point just like some people have already said balance point can vary but u know you are at balance point when you stop gaining speed. Just keep working up to it. I learned balance point on sit downs but you can do it how ever you want. Depending on the bike and speed there can be a big balance point or a little balance point so if you take it slow and easy with everything you shouldnt have any problem flippin the bike. I like telling people to learn going 30 to 40mph the difference is that the bike is more resistant to leaning from side to side when your wheel is up. When you stop gaining speed hold it there and omg your riding a wheelie. Sounds easy right now get out there and practice and stop with the forums till you get it right lol. later guys...........

Old 05-06-2008, 08:53 AM

ORIGINAL: stunter411
unlike pixel 6 for me it was easier to flip the bike in lower speeds!!!
I looped at about 15 mph.

Parking lot session working on keeping em slow. Brake failed... and like I said... I'm a brake ***** lol. I shut down the throttle, but I don't have enough experience without the brake to know how to bring it back to earth.

I've learned since then that there are ways to recover without the brake... but well beyond my capability at the moment.

Slow crashes can be bad too...

auuuu that sucks/hurts....all that damage at only 15 mph....what about this kids doing wheelies at 100+