Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Inconsistent Stoppies

Old 08-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inconsistent Stoppies

Ok guys,
heres the deal...
its about 97 outside...I'm doing some stoppies, maybe from 25mph - 0mph.

I can get about 5 in a row, but after that it feels like my brakes go to crap. Is it just because the pads are getting too hot? They don't feel any different, but Im guessing thats whats wrong. Should i switch to SS lines?

Thanks

Old 08-02-2006, 11:18 PM
Err
Default RE: Inconsistent Stoppies

i think thats what they call brake fade but i'm not sure. get ss lines man, you'll never go back to stock. also stick with honda oem brake pads.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Err

also a stiffer front suspension will give you more consistent stoppies...

Old 08-02-2006, 11:35 PM

most likely because of the brake fade. The rubber lines get hot and start to expand....go with the SS lines and that wont happen.....

Old 08-03-2006, 09:09 AM

ok, thats what i figured as well...
thats temporary though right? as in, i can get on it today and do some more before they start to fade again?

Thanks

Old 08-03-2006, 09:44 AM

ORIGINAL: redliner25

ok, thats what i figured as well...
thats temporary though right? as in, i can get on it today and do some more before they start to fade again?

Thanks
Yeah the brakes won't stay hot forever LOL they just get hot and the fluid gets hot and then your lines get hot and expand. I don't think that SS lines will stop brake fade forever (meaning that if you ride your brake for a long time over and over you will still get fade because the fluid will start to boil), but they will hold up alot longer and give you a better lever feel. If the rotors get too hot and the pads are too hot a gas will build up between the 2 and cause poor braking, but get the SS lines, that should do the trick and if it doesn't switch to a different brake fluid that boils at a hotter temperature, and after that well I don't know LOL

-Jesse-

Old 08-03-2006, 06:53 PM

Jesse, don't I know you from another posting? hahaha

Ok, I was afraid that the rotors will get glazed or something..causing a more permanent effect.
All looks well then...too bad it's raining out otherwise I'd be out there.

Thanks

Old 08-03-2006, 09:08 PM

LOL I try to help anyone out when I can, that way hopefully someone will keep answering my dumb questions LOL I hear you about the rain thing, but right ow its sunny and 88* but I'm too lazy to get out there and practice some stuff. I don't think you should have to worry about glazing, but if you get the rotors too hot you will most likely warp them, just for a heads up. But as long as you don't roll an endo, speed up, roll endo, speed up, roll endo, you get my point HAHA you should be ok. Lets see some vids of you rolling them. I can't bring myself to try to roll one yet, I have seen too many vids of the guy getting crushed by the tail of the bike, but you have to get them pretty high before that happens.

-Jesse-

Old 08-03-2006, 11:27 PM

I need stoppie help too, I've been praticing at 30-35 mph, squeezing the brake hard and fast, but also progresively... Half the time it works fine, decient little stoppie. Problem is, the other half of the time my tire just wants to skid, is their a technique I can try to prevent this from happening? My tires are conti-sport attack, they got about 800 miles on them now, I've never ever had the back tire lose traction on a power wheelie or anything, the tires seemed to grip very very well, except for this problem I am now having with the stoppies? Any suggestions?

Old 08-03-2006, 11:46 PM

Jesse -- I definately can't roll them! Maybe 5 feet LOL. But the back end does come up quick and easy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Inconsistent Stoppies