Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

i'm just starting to stunt and want to know...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i'm just starting to stunt and want to know...

whats the best way to learn to wheelie. ive been riding long enough and have a cbr 600f3 that i want to start stuntin. i wanna learn wheelies first. what is the best way to learn to wheelie. i'm not in a hurry i just wanna learn the basics of wheelies. such as the best way to learn. i have plenty of room in a local un occupied parking lo next to my house. i also have frame sliders on my bike so i'm not scared.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:47 AM

Best way to learn to wheelie is to get your *** in the seat and practice. People can give advice on how to wheelie all day long, but it's one of them things that just takes time to learn. Try searching youtube if you need examples.

And frame sliders work about as well as a busted condom. False comfort. Invest in a cage or build one yourself.

Good luck.

P.S. I've got a wheelie button that attaches to your clip-on that I'll sell you for $200

Old 09-15-2009, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Spooner806
Best way to learn to wheelie is to get your *** in the seat and practice. People can give advice on how to wheelie all day long, but it's one of them things that just takes time to learn. Try searching youtube if you need examples.

And frame sliders work about as well as a busted condom. False comfort. Invest in a cage or build one yourself.

Good luck.

P.S. I've got a wheelie button that attaches to your clip-on that I'll sell you for $200
i just dont know how to bring up the front tire. like in first gear in just crack the throttle 2 and lean back but i only get up 6-8 nches

Old 09-15-2009, 09:26 PM

try using the clutch. start off easy and work your way up.
Get rolling between 10-20 mph. pull the clutch, bring your rpm's up a bit and quickly release the clutch. Stay consistent with your speed and keep your rear brake covered.
If it's not coming up, try increasing your rpm's a little bit each time.
It's hard not to, but try not to concentrate too hard on watching your tach. Try to get familiar with how your bike sounds at different rpm's.
It all feels scetchy but eventually you'll get familiar with it and it becomes second nature.

Like I said, the only way to get better is seat time. practice makes perfect. all that good stuff.

If it's not working for you, try something different.

Keep me posted on your progress, I'll try to help if I can.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:17 AM

practice ur a** off and dont be afraid to drop the bike it will happen

Old 09-21-2009, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Spooner806
try using the clutch. start off easy and work your way up.
Get rolling between 10-20 mph. pull the clutch, bring your rpm's up a bit and quickly release the clutch. Stay consistent with your speed and keep your rear brake covered.
If it's not coming up, try increasing your rpm's a little bit each time.
It's hard not to, but try not to concentrate too hard on watching your tach. Try to get familiar with how your bike sounds at different rpm's.
It all feels scetchy but eventually you'll get familiar with it and it becomes second nature.

Like I said, the only way to get better is seat time. practice makes perfect. all that good stuff.

If it's not working for you, try something different.

Keep me posted on your progress, I'll try to help if I can.
ok thanks bro i'll keep you posted

Old 09-21-2009, 11:33 PM

spoon didnt say this, i know he knows this, but i thought it was important to explain gthe rear brake. he says keep it covered meaning if u go too far back all u have to do is tap that rear brake... and try standing staggered

Old 09-22-2009, 10:12 AM

I too ride an F3. I'm definitely no expert but I've figured out the sweet spot to get my F3 up. I accelerate in 1st gear to @ 5k rpms then let off the throttle, then immediately get back on the throttle. My bike comes up almost everytime. I have to make sure that I'm sitting up straight and not leaning over the tank or the front end will just get light and won't come up. I've clutched it up a few times too but I'm not too comfortable with that yet. Take it a little bit at a time and be patient. People say to keep the rear brake covered but I don't know how that is possible exactly. My rear brake lever sits well above my footpeg so I have to take my foot off the peg to hit the brake. ???

Old 09-22-2009, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by A4wheelin
I too ride an F3. I'm definitely no expert but I've figured out the sweet spot to get my F3 up. I accelerate in 1st gear to @ 5k rpms then let off the throttle, then immediately get back on the throttle. My bike comes up almost everytime. I have to make sure that I'm sitting up straight and not leaning over the tank or the front end will just get light and won't come up. I've clutched it up a few times too but I'm not too comfortable with that yet. Take it a little bit at a time and be patient. People say to keep the rear brake covered but I don't know how that is possible exactly. My rear brake lever sits well above my footpeg so I have to take my foot off the peg to hit the brake. ???
i'm not sure but i think the rear brake level is adustable??

Old 09-22-2009, 09:34 PM

ur rear brake lever should be easy access to ur right foot.

Quick Reply: i'm just starting to stunt and want to know...