Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

How many dumps can it take?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many dumps can it take?

So I have began to tool around with wheelies and stuff, its super fun and addicting. How ever today when I was riding I popped up a 12o'clock and basically pooped my pants haha. So I was thinking about investing in a crash cage.

I was just wondering how much they really do? With a crash cage on the bike how many dumps can it really take before things really start to go wrong?

Any input would be awesome, including other parts to purchase to add life length to my new possible stunt bike.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I know that without one your bike can prolly take one dump before you crack the stator case or mess up the bars etc... Those things are pretty solid and attach to several points on the frame.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a good cage like sick innovation or tygershark and you should be fine. If your having alot of spills then yes - over time **** is gonna come apart.

In a stunt bike, you seriously just need to buy when needed. first is ALWAYS a stunt cage, secondly take off ALL fairing (might want to look cool but fairing is expensive and better left at home while you learn)

then you can get into the additives IMHO - like 12 bar, dented tank, DB handlebars, handbrake, pizza sprocket, etc etc) It's usually when you break something you need you to stunt is when you invest into it.

but a cage is the first step to any stunt bike (one wreck without a cage on asphalt will break ****, remember everything in the bike world is at least $100+ for a part) - protect your investment and hobby.

Last edited by Vermino; 09-23-2010 at 12:58 AM.