Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

How I do Slow Wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How I do Slow Wheelies

ORIGINAL: jzcbr600

so basically roll in 1st gear about 20 mph, pull the clutch in alittle rev it to about 10k and ease off the clutch at the same time??
Reread Mikes post

If you usually clutch up at 20+ mph you need to clutch up no more than 10mph!!! this is important, it will bring your bike up extremely quick. And set you up better for slow wheelies
You should have said below 5mph Mike, but 10 works too.

Don't look at the tach, you don't need to. You have to be able to clutch them by ear not by looking at the tach. If you think you have to look at the tach go to walmart and get some blue painters tape and cover that thing up like stated above. And you have to be able to actually do a wheelie at bp for a good distance before you attempt a slow wheelie. Go practice and you will go down learning slow stuff so if you don't have a cage and don't want your bike all messed up don't try this.

-Jesse-

Old 08-30-2006, 08:16 PM

I DID IT!!!!! i was going about 15 mph and pulled the clutch in and reved it up and slipped it and i got it up. once i got it a couple times and was starting to try to hold it out it STARTED RAINING!! AHHHH.... guess i will have to try again tomorrow.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:37 PM

that sounds like my normal take off from a stop light, by the time i bring it down im at 65 and ran outta gear

keyword here SLOW wheelies

Old 08-31-2006, 12:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Err

good post mike. you still on stock gears?

remember practice is key
my street stunter is stock gears. my stunt bike is geared to 60t

i guess i should have mentioned that 10mph is just a starting point. you can slow them down as you please. anything over 10mph seems to gain speed quick.

JV, if you are at 65 and running outta gear than you have to clutch it up harder and bring it back more.

FYI to those of you who are adapting my advice. just dump the clutch and learn to use 1 finger(to operate the clutch). it helps a bit more when trying to hold onto the bars as they come up. your finger might be sore for the first two days but its worth it!

jzcbr, right on bro. if you can make someone video tape you. it will help you confidence like no other. i think that might be the reaso i have progressed so quickly is because of someone filming.

and just remember, bringing the bike back isnt going to feel right. but Darius (www.servinitup.com) once told me that nothing, when you are stunting, will feel right at first. you just gotta do it and learn it. and it D said it then it must be true.. hahah

Old 08-31-2006, 12:53 AM

how long did it take you to get that feeling like your stomach is in your little baby toevto go away if ever?

Old 08-31-2006, 01:18 AM

there are still some times that i get that feeling. i dont know if they will ever go away. i guess its just your senses letting you know that something isnt right. you just gotta push through that. it takes a lot to loop a stock bike. im not saying its not easy, but that it takes a lot of throttle and hard clutch popping to loop. but dragging the brake and closing the throttle is almost a sure way of not looping. remember that.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:47 PM

So I've finally got my slow wheelies down pretty slow...now my problem is that i start going so slow that it keeps wanting to die. Talked to a couple guys and they say you gotta play with the clutch when goin that slow but everytime i try it slams down.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:33 PM

rear tire pressure should be around 12psi and turn your idle up to around 3500-4000rpm and it'll be more stable while you're dragging the rear brake and it won't die out as easily. also anyone that is going to branch out on a slow wheelie to other tricks, i would recommend a hand brake setup. it's hard to get used to but once you do it's great

Old 09-15-2006, 03:57 AM

ORIGINAL: stuntn_r6

So I've finally got my slow wheelies down pretty slow...now my problem is that i start going so slow that it keeps wanting to die. Talked to a couple guys and they say you gotta play with the clutch when goin that slow but everytime i try it slams down.
The clutch helps alot because if the bike starts to stall you can pull the clutch in real quick and bring the rpm's back up..It doesn't take much clutch at all to keep it from stalling..

Old 10-18-2006, 01:26 AM

So you bought D's old bike, huh? I thought that vid was Chin (when he visited D) at first... Don't you think that your advice should be to learn engine brake and to COVER the rear brake...not to fade it out? Is that really you in the vid, cuz the advice kinda ain't makin a lot of sense man.