Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

hit the rev limiter on a wheelie...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hit the rev limiter on a wheelie...

I hit the rev limiter the other day while riding a wheelie, anyone else ever done that? It kind of sucks.
I try to keep it at the balance point as long as I can, but eventually I do run out of gear (need more pratice ) I always take it to red line to keep it up as long as possible, guess I went a little over.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Err
Default RE: hit the rev limiter on a wheelie...

if you're running out of gear then you aren't in BP. give it a little more gas when you're clutching, your engine will get real quiet when you hit bp. are you standing or sitting? i found standing to be a lot easier, so give that a shot if you haven't already.

just keep practicing!!

Old 07-27-2006, 09:27 AM

i have come close to the rev limit but i don't think i actually hit it. I also ride the gear out a lot, but lately i've been gettin back more and i can feel myself go a little past the balence point, then back before it so im gettin used to really stretchin it back and gettin comfortable

Old 07-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Err

just remember if your rpms are increasing you are NOT in BP. the rpm's will start to decrease when you're there.

you'll know what i mean when you hit it.

practice makes perfect

Old 07-27-2006, 02:08 PM

I'm standing on these... how quiet does the engine get?, There have been a few times I almost looped and had to throttle brake, is that the point I want to keep it at?
Here check these videos out I took them the other day, mabey you can guys can give me some more pointers based on the vid's
Videos

Old 07-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Err

it says that the file isn't availible for download. get that ish fixed!!

Old 07-27-2006, 03:52 PM

ok I fixed the video link

Old 07-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Err

not bad chief. give it a little bit more gas as you're clutching it up. keep your arms straight, it looks like your leaning forward a little to much. keep at it man, you're getting close. i was where you're at a several weeks ago. just keep at it, it'll feel real good to hit BP.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:44 PM

thanks Err, Ill keep praticing

Old 08-04-2006, 06:46 PM

When you hit the balance point for the first time it will feel like you are going over sorta. Everything settles out and you wont be gaining RPM at all anymore. Most of the time I can be doin second geat wheelies and be doing about 8-9 Grand. Actually if you are right at the balance point you should be able to let off the throttle a little bit and it still stay standing right up there.

Just make sure when you are trying to get it higher that you dont flip it all the way over. My Girlfriend told me that when Im doin wheelies the bike looks like it is at about 11 O'Clock to 11:30 So you have a little bit to go but you are doing good. I have noticed that my chest is almost touching the windscreen when I am standing straight up as well.

Quick Reply: hit the rev limiter on a wheelie...