Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Handbrake time

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handbrake time

Damnit, can't decide whether to spend the money for the Full Throttle Setup or make my own.....this blows...

Old 12-13-2006, 01:10 AM
Default RE: Handbrake time

get the adapter and line kit from hai... $100...comes with banjo bolts crush washers and everything, all you need is a front brake mc and some brake fluid.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:06 PM

I've heard bad things about the junction valve. I decided to go with a dual caliper setup. Already have the master (05' GSXR 1K), extra caliper and two brackets...now all i need is the line and im gettin the bracket welded up in a couple weeks...

Old 12-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Err

yea i have a dual caliper setup as well. just need a better radial mc. let me know how you like that gix 1k mc r6...i hear the brembo 16x18 i s the ****...little pricey though

Old 12-13-2006, 09:29 PM

ya, most people say any radial is pretty good so we'll see...i dont mind takin my time bleeding it and Guru from the Streetfighterz said he'll help me out with that. And i picked it up for 65$ so i couldnt pass that up.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: stuntn_r6

I've heard bad things about the junction valve. I decided to go with a dual caliper setup. Already have the master (05' GSXR 1K), extra caliper and two brackets...now all i need is the line and im gettin the bracket welded up in a couple weeks...
Junction VALVE? LOL, EDIT: ok I see warpedtoys calls it a junction valve.. I don't know why, there is no valve in it, the valveis in the MC, it's just an adapter... it works mint. the only problems were with the first home made versions. The manufactured adapters are money. The only way a dual caliper setup would be worth is if you had a 4 or 6 piston front brake caliper attached to your handbrake master, like guru's ho hey bracket setup. Two single piston rear brake calipers is a lot more work and money for practically no benefit other than redundancy.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:16 PM

i dont know. It would be hard to buy something that you've heard so much bad stuff about. Im thinkin about just saving up for the Full Throttle setup.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:17 AM

buy the best, cause when your rocking a hi-chair, and your home-brewed handbrake fails, that would be pretty sucky

Old 01-20-2007, 10:37 PM

i dunno, the FT set up is basically a machined version of the adapter combo. but i will say it allows better rear brake feel unlike the adapter. just make sure you have a good radial mc and u'll be golden.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:21 PM

just ordered the junction valve from HAI. Talked to Tice who rides for them, he said the only guys on their team that are rockin the FT setup are Colton, Dryden, and Teach. Everyone else is still runnin the valve. Good enough for them I'm sure it'll be good enough for me.

Quick Reply: Handbrake time