Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

First standup = permagrin update, pics added

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First standup = permagrin update, pics added

Hey guys, whats up. Im still waiting for some fork seals to come in, but I know there is still oil left inside my fork, as its not "floating" yet. I had to take an application out to my brother, who so happens to work at our particular "stunt spot". I tried a few standups in second on the way out there but couldnt quite get it up to where I could even half-assed ride it out.... I bs'ed with the guys a bit, told them how I brought a couple off the ground at least and they said, well, lets get that much on the new camera.

well, i screwed around a bit in first doing sit downs then I tried a stand up. let out the clutch, pullin ahead, get on it, shift to second, stand up.... bounce, clutch, rev wahhhhn.... little tiny one. oh well, means more gas right? turned around, went the other way. same thing up into second, brought my sound up to a little higher revs, slip, more bounce, little more gas.... wait... whats this? OH ****, IM DOING IT, **** **** **** ****.... the whole time my bike started pulling left (which its been doing... rear wheel adjustment or rider adjustment... seems to be mostly on the standups I tried it would pull to side of road... ne ways) I had to literally jump back on the seat and chop it to bring it down fast enough I didnt go in the ditch. I ended up about 3-4 feet from the shoulder... but man it got my heart pumping.... they got it all in pics though, and hopefully Ill have them posted soon

thanks to all those who kept pushing the staggered stance... feels wierd as hell till that front wheel lifts off.

P.S. when you guys see the pics, youll prolly laugh cause of my stance. Im about 6'1-2, and 155 lbs. kinda lanky... well for some reason i just kept my knees bent.... lol. I dont know if its cause i got used to the sit down and you cant see, but youll see me "peekin" over the windscreen hahahahah..... meh, it happens. now i just gotta wait till my fkin seals come in.

Old 09-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Default RE: First standup = permagrin

Thats sweet that you finally got it up in second man I havent been able to yet

Old 09-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Err

practice practice practice

Old 09-10-2006, 11:18 PM

OK... heres some pics....

Name:  su1.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  62.5 KB
Name:  su2.jpg
Size:  59.4 KB
Name:  su3.jpg
Size:  56.4 KB
Name:  su4.jpg
Size:  58.7 KB
Name:  su5.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  59.2 KB
Name:  su6.jpg
Size:  38.6 KB

as you can see... i got some learnin to do but ill gladly do it

Old 09-10-2006, 11:24 PM

HAHA you were right about the laughing thing LOL Change your stance it will help you 100000% for sure. Try it keeping your arms and legs straight, or straighter. When you are all hunched over the tank your putting weight there that should be over the rear wheel. Just keep practicing and you'll have it in a few weeks

-Jesse-

Old 09-11-2006, 12:06 AM

yeah yeah... I know as stated above That was my first one and was a bit surprised when it all finally clicked. It felt like it was pullin so I just kinda leaned over and slowly rolled off the throttle to where it started comin down again. Its a bit harder for me to stay straight, as Im a bit over 6ft with long *** legs so... yeah, im learning though. staggered felt good, just gotta wait untill I get my new seals now... its killin me [:@]

edit** at least my front wheels not a bit crooked... like yours hahahah j/k

Old 09-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Err

damn dude, thats a crouching wheelie or something.

definetly standup that alone may help you keep it going straight, lower tire psi will to.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:29 PM

I didnt even know it and Im already "inventing" stunts HAHAHAH j/k... yeah... it felt a little different and I wasnt actually expecting it to come all the way up... everything just finally clicked then it was like woah... how i set it down? ahahahah.... more time and practice, itll come eventually

Old 09-11-2006, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: BlindLOKI

at least my front wheels not a bit crooked... like yours hahahah j/k
HAHA thats nothing, I have it at full lock sometimes for some reason sometimes on purpose cause I think it looks cooler but sometimes I just turn it LOL

I wasn't bustin on you or anything, but just trying to give some pointers. Take some air out and I really don't height really has anything to do with it, but I don't know but I'm about 5'11" or so and I have no problems and the guy I ride with is 6'2" and he does fine. Just keep practicing and you'll be alot better in no time

-Jesse-

Old 09-12-2006, 01:43 AM

Are you guys on older f4i's... newer f4i's.... I think height has a bit to do with it, cause when I extend my legs and bend over to the bars, im all hunched and crooked as hell.... I think the f4i's might be a bit different than the RR in terms of spacing between front/rear pegs... no idea... Ill get it eventually, just gotta practice, and I cant do that till my seals come in [:@] oh well... it happens...

i know you werent raggin, i just had to get back at you for the "crooked" wheel hahahahah I do it to, its a natural balance thing I think

Quick Reply: First standup = permagrin update, pics added