Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

First ever 3rd gear wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First ever 3rd gear wheelie

I'm sorry but IF that dude has problems getting a 600RR up in 3rd or 4th gear on stock sprockets. Then unfortunately he hasnt been around bikes long enough. Or maybe he has been around them for a long time, but only been riding them for about 2 months.......Trust me IF it has a clutch, you CAN get it to come up. It may be hard when u start, but once u learn, its like breathing........=-)

Old 09-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

RS just so you know im not trying to come off like a hard ***, or a dick. I dont own a 600rr, i have a friend that has one. He and I had a discussion a few months ago cause he was having a hard time clutching up 2nd gear, says its the bike. Of course he says well you are on a 1000 so its easy for you. I said i could do 3rd or 4th gear on his bike, of course he didnt believe me so the swap was on. 3rd gear standup came up the 1st try, was not all that hard. 4th gear took me 5 or 6 trys, it was not easy at all. I took it from about 5 grand in 4th, went wot acceleration, and at about 10 grand gave a huge bounce and clutched the hell out of it. It came up really slow and i am pretty sure the throttle was damn near pinned but it came. As a side note im 6 foot 2 1/2 and about 220 lbs, so with the long arms, i can really get my weight over the back pegs when i bounce. I am sure that helps some.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:48 PM

ORIGINAL: bdong

^^^ :-O. 330 posts and still no gear...

<< 10 posts and a helmet and gloves.. lol

but i work at a dealership, so my gear is cheap, just waiting till the next pay check. ==]]]
LOL, man of course I have a helmet, my mom screamed at me for doing a neighborhood check ride at 15 mph without a helmet (tuned the shifter bar, needed to test it) (she was actually out in the street waiting for me to come back around, screaming at me when I did, lol, 1 D&D exhaust redline rev next to her later, and i was getting my helmet to go on a smoke/vent ride haha)

EDIT: Im looking into gloves more recently, dunno what kind I want to get, but I dont have the money for a jacket right now (not sure Im gonna even try to get pants jeans work alright) Also looking at ankle cut boots (not big on looking like a futuristic cowboy)

Old 09-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Soccer go to a dealership or wherever and try on some gloves, see what fits and feels good. Once you have a few ya like go home and order some online to save a few bucks if need be. You can get a decent set for 25-45 bucks. Boots dont have to be fancy, get some leather work boots from walmart, they will be fine and cheap. Jacket, yes does cost more, but its easily the next most important thing to a helmet. Take a look at this site.........http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/ I have bought a few things from them, i see right now they have a few different jackets well under $100. May not be exactly what you want, but at least its protection.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:50 AM

Im lookin at that white joe rocket honda jacket they have, it's $200, but would work well
how is the heat in a leather jacket like that? and how do mesh jackets differ?

Old 09-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I have a leather Joe Rocket and really like it. When its above say 90 out, it does get warm, but the vents work pretty well. A mesh would be a bit cooler im sure, but then you have the opposite of course. Its nice to have that warm leather on a cool nite, or really windy day where the air bounce right off ya. Its a toss up, but i like my leather a lot more than my old mesh jacket.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:55 PM

Joe Rocket has all around good jackets. I also like Shift and Icon (but can be expensive).

For summer the Joe Rocket mesh jacket is so awesome, has excellent padding (you get a pinch now and then by the elbows and shoulder but nothing too bad) ventingis awesome, itwill keep you cooland I live in Las Vegas. But when it gets unbearable, I throw on my Icon field armor vest for chest protection and just wear a T-shirt underneath. (not great for arm protection but great back support)

I would start with a mesh jacket and then build your gear up with that. when winter comes, pick up a leather jacket (i got a close-out Shift leather jacket for $69 2 years ago and it's really nice for the price)

I have 6 helmets (3 icons, 2 HJC, 1 scorpion), 2 mesh, 1 leather, 2 sets of gloves, a set of boots, and a few set of pants. So just get what you need now and later you will find deals or things you "really" love and just build your collection up. I do have alot of gear because i live in two places and HATE HATE HATE taking motorcycle gear on the airplane, i get sh*t from the pilot everytime like "son, you wont need that helmet - we arent going down today" everyone is a comedian haha.

not to jump back in the past (but i was gone for a bit)

Like i said, most of you are all talk
well rsracer - this aint a pro stunter forum, you must be looking for stuntlife.com. We aren't experts in stunting and still learning everyday but we talk on these forums and if we can answer someone that needs help, we will. Like "I said" I know a couple of people that stunt 600rr's and can get it up in 5th gear. And no, I've never ridden a 600rr - it's still a bike I would love to get but Iwould liketo know anyone that owns more than 2 street bikes themselves. So unless you are a pro stunt rider or have a few vids to show - your just as much talk as the rest of us (actually 954rr and pixel6 have a few practice sessions and they are pretty good). I tried to be nice about you being wrong (no one is always right) but your disrespectful to the community.

just to prove that 5th gear wheelies on a 600rr stock can happen - here ya go, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdw1oX-Socg

Old 09-18-2008, 07:04 PM

I was just about to post that same video, he probably wont take it as proof since he didn't get to count the teeth in person.

yes f4is are more wheelie prone (from what i have heard) but its not like the rr has the front wheel bolted to the ground.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:54 AM

ORIGINAL: soccer13pro2007

Dude, you could get it up in almost any gear, you just have to be going fast enough to be hitting the power band
faster wheelies are easier because the wheel is like a gyroscope and has a lot more balance at faster rotations
im not sure if i want to start on the fast wheelies or not, seems like the slow ones are gonna flip me backward (Im always pussyin the throttle because of that), but i dont wanna try a 80 mph without having gear yet
That's not why faster wheelies are easier.

Faster wheelies are easier because the bp is lower the faster you go. Take a slow speed wheelie for example. You have to be damm near 12o'clock, or at least 111/2to ride a slow speed wheelie. The faster you go, the lower that balance point gets. Which is why a 45-50mph wheelie is so much easier than a wheelie from a stop. Also, the throttle isn't as touchy in the higher gears....first gear has pretty twitchy reponse.

You're right, u can get it up in almost any gear....except 4th, 5th, and 6th on a 600rr without some type of help. Like a down hill ormodification.

Vermino. That wasn't a stock 600rr chief. They said it was -1. But again, judging by the speed and the rpm's, that thing is prolly geared even more. The speedo would read high, which was probably the case, and the gears would run higher, which they all did.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:49 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

^ If he is -1 in the front (if he disclosed that, why lie about more gearing) that would still make the 5th gear ratio he did bring it up in, higher then the stock 4th gear ratio. IE: his 5th gear wheelie being -1 still harder than a stock 4th gear wheelie, yet he did it.

-1 front 5th gear ratio 29/23. top speed 131mph. rpms at 70 mph 7,072
stock gears 4th gear ratio 31/22. top speed 125mph. rpms at 70 mph 7,410

Those are FACTS.

Quick Reply: First ever 3rd gear wheelie