Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

F4i, stock gearing... help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 03:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i, stock gearing... help please

Hey guys. My friends and I are all a little new to the sportbike/stunt scene. Weve been practicing wheelies in a little secluded lot lately and weve come upon one problem. My friend has an 05 F4i, stock gearing, and its tough as hell to get up. We have been playin around with the clutch in first and my bro and I (03 RR and 06 kawi 636) are getting them up with ease, as it should be. Our friend on the F4i however, hasnt been as lucky. At first, we though maybe it was just him and his learning curve, but he begged me into trying it myself on his bike. So I did. I rode around for awhile to get accustomed to the bike, and then tried to yank one up. As I rubbed the clutch i thought, wtf..... It seems as if you are either engaged, or disengaged. Is there anyway to fix this? IE, lengthen the friction zone? I tried adjusting some slack out of it, that seemed to help, but it still wasnt anything like ours. Im not sure what the deal was, and I was hoping some of you guys out there might know how to adjust it better.

Also... How do you guys sit on the "banana" seat for wheelies? On my rr i got the split seat, so for sitdowns i just scoot to the hump and let it rip, but his it seems you can hardly scoot at all before the hump is right there.

Thanks for any help guys, its greatly appreciated.

Keep it safe, keep it real,

Chris

P.S. On a sidenote... i hit bp 2/3 times tonight, and it felt normal and relaxed, I didnt panic and rode a few out (couldve ridden farther but A.started to get creeped or B. ran out of room). I was wondering, any of you shift from 1-2 while up on one? How you do it? Ive tried once or twice but it gave me the heebie jeebies and didnt have the outcome I was hoping for. THanks

Old 07-24-2006, 05:17 AM
Default RE: F4i, stock gearing... help please

The f4i will come up no problem in 1st, 2nd and 3rd if you clutch the **** out of it...You just have to clutch it alittle harder and it will come right up and sitdowns with the banana seat just grip the tank with your knees and clutch it harder cause it will be alot smoother when your in balance point and it won't feel like its trying to pull you off the bike. As far as shifting there is no need just bring it back further and when you are in balance point there is no need to shift, plus if you shift wrong you can loop really easy..

Old 07-24-2006, 05:21 AM

Alrighty... Thanks for the advice bro, I appreciate it. Is there anyway to adjust the clutch though, like I say? It feels like its engaged, or its not, real hard to find the middle ground when your slippin it.

thanks for the info,

Chris

Old 07-24-2006, 07:41 AM

just adjust it at the lever till it feels right but it should be fine cause your probably just not used to it cause its not your bike. My friend that rides a 600rr hates the way my clutch feels when he rides my bike but it feels fine to me and when I get on his bike it takes somegetting used to when I am clutching it up..

Old 07-24-2006, 03:49 PM

alright, sounds good. I just noticed that it was super hard to rub it, rather than completely disengage it. He said he thought the same thing, so well see. Hopefully he gets used to it. practice, practice, practice

Old 07-24-2006, 07:02 PM

Scott, I love that sig dude LOL and I noticed that you went back to the stock upper instead of the street fighter headlight, why? Just curious, not doggin you or anything. I need to get rid of my sig now cause you make mine look weak LOL

And BlindLOKI, just clutch that thing harder. Just keep working on it and he'll get the feel for it. I'm not claiming to be the best at wheelies, but I can clutch up 2nd at 30 mph now on my F4i with a -1 front sprocket. Just keep working on it.

Peace Out

-Jesse-

Old 07-24-2006, 08:24 PM

if your using the clutch and revving up then dumping it to pop up the front.... when you frist start out, werent you like afraid it would just like pop up to far and i guess you fall back? or that you would give it to much throttle when you brought it (accidently) and again flip you back?

Old 07-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Err

skinny-COVER THE REAR BRAKE!! always keep your right foot on the rear brake, if you get scared just press it. just keep practicing...

Old 07-24-2006, 09:29 PM

well ive only been riding for a year, and i still havent tried i dont have the confidence right now lol. but someday just trying to get all the info i can. thx for the tip

Old 07-24-2006, 10:28 PM

its not too bad skinny... start low and work your way up. In first gear there is enough engine brake (ive found on my bike at least) if you do get up too high, you can chop the throttle and bring it back down pretty easy. Just work with it and keep on it... practice practice practice..... your not going to be doing bp wheelies the first day. If you do, gimme a call, I want the sig of the new stunt prodigy

Quick Reply: F4i, stock gearing... help please