Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

cbr 900rr wont get it up in second help

Old 09-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cbr 900rr wont get it up in second help

hey i have a 900rr stockexcept for a slip on and slidersand iam havin so much trouble wit getting up in second i pretty sure iam doing everyting right wit the popin the cluth and letting the rpms rise but i get it to like 8 and nothing should i go further with the rpms? i really am afraid of standing up on the pegs and trying it but if that would help ill try it anybody have any advice with how iam going about this wrong? does anybody have a 900 and have trouble getting it up in second? any advice please thanks

Old 09-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Default RE: cbr 900rr wont get it up in second help

if i can clutch up my 600 F4i in 2nd you can clutch up a 900rr. its all about practice. if you can clutch it in first then you know the technique... i am not professing to be an expert at wheelies iey any means but i can try to give you some pointers...

RPMs required for a 2nd gear wheely (on the F4i) are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than a 1st gear one. I don't know what the numbers are because i NEVER look at my gauges... i just listen to the sounds. Also, don;t start off going to fast. i use to try it at like 37-38, and i was already moving to fast to have much of an effect. then i dropped it to 30 and tried and it was significantly easier. if you think about the forces at work, that should make sense.

just practice... rev it a little more each time, and you will get the feel. you don't have to stand, but it helps with weight distribution. i still think it feels awkward to try to pop the clutch while standing.

and as a general disclaimer... stay off the roads... do it in lots only

Old 09-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Your prolly just scared and keeping yourself from doing it, just dont realize it. Keep practicing.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:43 PM

so when you say higher RPMs, are you talking about what you are riding at, or what you rev to?

I think am going to fast when i try second gear wheelies (somewhere in between 40 and 50) , cause i give it alot of gas and it still barley comes up for me, then i do first and barley get on it and it pops up like 2 feet instantly, scares the **** out of me when i try first gear after trying second for a while.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:23 PM

Gville - i mean the RPM's that you rev it to. on my F4i, i cruise steady at 30mph, then pull the clutch rev the snot out of it and let go. if your going to fast nothing is going to happen. think about it in terms of riding a bicycle and trying to wheelie. if you're going super slow, one hard crank and the torque lifts it straight up. but if your feet are going a million miles per hour and your try to crank hard to lift it up... nothings going to happen.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Im not saying your wrong beige, but for me i can lift mine at 3k rpms or at 9k rpms and it feels the same to me.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:53 PM

how did you get Beige from itgbuddeev? is that his name or something.

anyways, i think your 954 has alittle more lifting power then my 600rr or his f4i, not saying ours wont come up, but it probably takes a bit more umph. plus isnt your red line 3k lower?

any ways, i think am going to work on first gear for a while, I went riding tonight and got alot more used to how fast it comes up, still not near bp, but getting alot more comforatable and consistant.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Yea i think i screwed up on the Beige thing. There was another guy in another thread with a goofy name that i started calling beige, think i got my guys confused [&:].

Old 10-08-2008, 02:44 PM

if your riding a 900 you shouldnt have any problems getting it to lift up.. before i crashed mine i was starting to get too ballzy for my own good. i couldnt tell you about what rpm range plus i have a K&N, mvr slip on, stage 1 jet kit. and i did have light weight sprockets on thier. I can tell you this. Your 900 shouldnt have a problem getting it up in 2nd, i think TK is right just keep practicing.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:43 AM

OK i have the a 93 CBR 900RR and i would like to get it up in 1st but im having a hard time also.....can i role it up of the ground in 1st or do i need to dump it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cbr 900rr wont get it up in second help