Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Cages..

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 06:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cages..

OKay ive got a 06 cbr600rr.. and im wanting a cage.. but i dont want to loose my fairings.. or the ability to take curves.. a buddy of mine has been arguing wiht me about if i get a cage ill scrap if i get to low.. but from all the pictures ive seen of cages they are pretty low profile such as the sickinnovations one.. and another question i have is the rounded 12 bar.. is it flat where i could 12oclock and just leave it there ? thanks for the answers in advanced..

Old 08-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Err
Default RE: Cages..

the round bar will get flat when it hits the ground. when you get it, it will be round.

there's a chance you could hit your cage in a turn. but it depends on what kind of cage you got.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:33 PM

i have no problems taking corners with my FI cage...but then again im not dragging knees...

go find someone that has a cage on their bike and ask them to lay it down for you and watch how low it gets before it touches....

Old 08-12-2006, 07:31 PM

i was looking at the sickinnovations ones.. and they look pretty low profile.. theres only a couple guys wiht stunt bikes here in town and they are bulky as ****... and its not like i drag my knee but i dont take curves slow either..

Old 08-13-2006, 12:05 AM

They make like "speed bars" or something like that on Chapparal, i think thats how you spell it but, They made them so you can still have protection better than sliders but still keep your ability to drag a knee in the corners.

I think the Sick Innovations cages are pretty good and I dont think you would scrape near as fast with those cages opposed to some other bigger cages.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:15 PM

Try a powers cage... http://www.powersbikeworx.com/CrashBars.html

Old 08-24-2006, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: DThompson

They make like "speed bars" or something like that on Chapparal, i think thats how you spell it but, They made them so you can still have protection better than sliders but still keep your ability to drag a knee in the corners.

I think the Sick Innovations cages are pretty good and I dont think you would scrape near as fast with those cages opposed to some other bigger cages.

http://www.powersbikeworx.com/railz.html

Ya those race rails. Back when Bullo ( www.bullogotblox.com
incase you dont know who he is) first got his 600rr he was running something very similar. they will hold up to a great deal of abuse. if you are looking to get by cheap but not sacrifice your bike as a result. then i would go with the race rail.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:31 PM

^^^^+1^^^^

I would get the race rails if I were you. The sick cages are pretty bulky, well not that bad, but they are kinda big. Sick cages are made to take some big hits so they are gonna stick out a little bit. I'm not sure if they will let you dip down into a corner that well, but I'd bet it would be plenty good for the "adverage" rider (not trying to drag knee and such). But the race rails look pretty good and if not I know the sick cages are the **** and Ian is a real cool guy.

-Jesse-

Old 08-24-2006, 05:03 PM

I was wanting to get a race rail for the RVT im going to get and before I was thinkin about getting it for a 954 but they dont make them for either bike. I would have to custom fabricate it.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:09 AM

well i need something and i found some site on ebay for like 265 but i still think the sickinnovations cages are smaller.. i really dont get that low in curves ... and im getting a bigger sprocket when i get my cage.. so its not like ill be able to haul *** after that anyways.. now for sprocket sizes.. the rr has a 43 correct? so what is a 250 conversion?? thanks for the help guys.. shiny side half up

Quick Reply: Cages..