Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Cage Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cage Question

I was wondering what cage I should get for my 2001 F4i and will it add a lot ofweightto the bike,willit cause any problemgetting the bike to lift?

Old 06-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Cage Question

For the f4i i would get an OMR cage. If you can wheelie it without a cage you can wheelie it with a cage . If your looking for other options, Powers and Sick Innovations would be my other choices. However both of those have been know to rub on the back tire with passengers, or over big bumps.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:47 PM

I didn't know that the cage would go to the back tire but thanks for the info

Old 06-25-2008, 11:46 PM

TK954 thought you meant "SUB CAGE"... Yes, for a subcage get an OMR. I have one of those and love it. For regular cage I use a Freestyle Ingenuity. Others like Sick Innovations, Tiger Shark, Powers.

- Pixel -

Old 06-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Banned

4 a regular cage i have freestyle on my 01 f4i its a good solid set up with a passenger on steep turns might catch the bottom a little and as far as weight i never noticed the difference

Old 06-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Good looking out Pixel, now that i re-read what i said i didnt specify at all [:@]. But what Pixel said is what i really meant, omr subcage and powers or SI or freestyle for the main frame. Sorry i screwed that up Twisted.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:08 AM

Do they make cages that dont affect clearance in turns? or would that just be race rails?

Old 06-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Banned

Im thinkin that they all effect ground clearance when they wrap under but it shouldnt be an issue unless your racing or something.i've dropped knee with my freestyle cage though.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:48 AM

I get pretty low some times, (hit my fairing the other day, but i think that was because of soft suspension) Most of the cages for 600RRs look like they would hit, but the F4i cage from SI has alot of cleanace, it looks like it goes through the bike, not under it, and have a pic of a guy getting low as hell with it. to bad i ride an RR

Old 06-28-2008, 04:23 PM

haha awesome camo job (if it's yours)[8D]

depends if your going heavy or light stunting - tygershark has 3 options with spring loaded pucks

quoted from Nick Apex

In order of preference.

Tygershark ( tygersharkcages.com )
It will price out as the most expensive of the bunch, but its worth it. The cage comes with a lifetime warranty so if you ever damage the cage and are in need of repair replacement its free. It also has spring loaded sliders and depending on the bike a 1 or 2 piece style that most often has the most clearance of any full cage.

+ everything
- price

Sick Innovations ( sickinnovations.com)
The second best option and a little cheaper. Ian the owner makes a very nice cage. It has decent clearance and is very strong. Its a 1 piece style with a dependent cross bar. Its a little bulky in style

+ strong
- small tubing, bulky

Freestyle Ingenuity ( Freestyleingenuity.com )
A good usable cage. Heavy use may potentially damage motor mounts. Lower hoop causes clearance issues on the street. Looks great on most bikes.

+ small and inconspicuous
- doesn't hold up well, lower hoop hits

Racing 905 ( Racing905.com)
Great improvements have been made by 905. The new cage they've put out is much stronger with better welds. Cage may hit shins, 1 side style ties in cage, but also by design puts a lot of stress from one side to the other.

+ Good reliable company
- Hits shins

Powers (powerstuntworks.com) <- I think
Garbage that takes months and months to get to your house. Terrible clearance for street use. Design often damages the frame. The Race Rails are nice if you can get them. Many shops and individuals are back ordered by months.

+ its a cage
- its the worst cage I've ever used, I tossed it after 1 ride

For learning, get a flat 12 bar. Racing 905 makes a nice one, so does sick innovations. Also look into Racing 905 faring stays and Sick Innovations sub cages.
an extra 10-20 lbs aint gonna make it an issue to get that wheel up.

Quick Reply: Cage Question