Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

balance pont wobble??

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default balance pont wobble??

ok yesterday i was out practicing getting to the BP and anytime i have it there it starts to wobble from right to left and the longer its there the worse it gets is this normal or what? and if so how do i correct it?
thanks
JonBrown
should i lower my tire pressure?

Old 12-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Default RE: balance pont wobble??

ORIGINAL: JonBrown

ok yesterday i was out practicing getting to the BP and anytime i have it there it starts to wobble from right to left and the longer its there the worse it gets is this normal or what? and if so how do i correct it?
thanks
JonBrown
should i lower my tire pressure?

You need to lower your rear tire psi. Most stunters run anywhere from 15 to 20psi and 10psi for doing real slow stunts. Lower tire psi will make the tire to pavement contact much wider,thus making it more stable from side to side. As soon as you feel a woble you have to set it down right away,because they can get out of control very fast.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:08 PM

How fast is the wobble?....like a suttle side to side?...or like a death wobble?....also are you sitting down or standing up?...and what speed are you goin when this happens?

Old 12-24-2007, 10:17 PM

the wobble increases in severity the longer it is up and i am sitting down, and the wobble happens at any speed
thanks for the fast replys

Old 12-24-2007, 11:55 PM

Well, I really just cant picture this. Any way to post a vid?....I mean i was gonna say stand up where you can get better balance. BUt still you shouldnt wobble that bad sitting down.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: JonBrown

the wobble increases in severity the longer it is up and i am sitting down, and the wobble happens at any speed
thanks for the fast replys
You pretty nervouswhile doing the wheelie?

Old 12-25-2007, 08:04 PM

not really. just relaxed and tryin to feel it out
thanks
JonBrown

Old 12-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Default RE: balance point wobble??

Your chopping the throttle. I was doing the same thing and I thought I was barely chopping it but as I got used to it I realized I was chopping the throttle. Also check your tire alignment. Don't trust the little notches that are on your swingarm. Measure it out and make sure its all aligned.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:04 PM

can you elaborate "chopping the throttle" is that cutting it on/off? thanks and i will check the alignment i didnt even think of that.
thanks

Old 12-26-2007, 12:53 AM

Although decreasing the tire pressure does help, I found that it was actually my hands moving the clipons side to side ever so slightly. Doing this actually moves the air around the front tire and causes the wobble. Unless, you have a stabilizer or damper on it, then it is possible that it could either be tire pressure (which really doesn't affect as much as others say), or chain alignment.

After a while I was able to just pull em up and ride em out, with full tire pressure and normal chain adjustment methods. If you are doing bp at speed (55 or above) it will be much more noticeable. Just cover that rear brake.

Quick Reply: balance pont wobble??