Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

am i doing something wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default am i doing something wrong?

maybe im jus a pus or something but ive been trying to do stand up's and man i just cant even get the feel for it, i really haven t gotten the bike vertical standing the pegs yet, i guess i just need to say eff it, slip the clutch and go with it right? ive got the back brake coverd on the real. this bike is my beauty and i dont want to mess that paint job up ha ha, but there is only 2 other guys in the group i ride with not doing stagerd wheelies yet, any pointers? or is it just kinda get out there stfu grow some ***** and do it?

p.s thx for any advice

Old 11-07-2008, 11:23 PM
RCR
Default RE: am i doing something wrong?

Dont go for Bp right away. Start by just bringing it up a little at a time and get the feeling. Your tripped out because you feel higher and more off balance compared to sitting down.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:17 AM

ORIGINAL: RCR

Dont go for Bp right away. Start by just bringing it up a little at a time and get the feeling. Your tripped out because you feel higher and more off balance compared to sitting down.
+1000, you have to crawl before you walk. Noone is gonna catch BP right off and know what to do with it. Most peeps that catch the BP right off, end up looping it because they have no clue WTF to do with it. Pace yourself and grab a little more throttle whenever you feel to. The closer you get to BP the easier the bike handles (dont have to fight as much). I learned on my 110cc (still have it), from there i jumped on the 954 and have had a blast. Kill the 636 in the lots and occasionally the bone stock minty F4i.....But *** it, have fun while you can. YOu dont live forever and noone is guaranteed tomorrow...=-)

Old 11-08-2008, 10:20 AM

just keep tryin they will come with practice i cant do it staggerd though i just ride both feet on the front pegs.. sit downs came really easy stand ups were extreemly intimidateing becuase it was really hard to tell how high up the front end was but after learning them they are easyer than sit downs now

Old 11-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Yea you just kinda have to do it. Just bear in mind that standing staggered the bike will come up half as easy as sitting. So your first try dont give like you would on a sitter. Just a little clutch and throttle goes a long way, now get out there and do it.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:31 PM

thx for the input guys, i just put her in the shop for the winter, got some stuff on the order to help out getin her up ha ha,

Old 11-15-2008, 06:49 PM

reinforce your pegs too (get some moto-cross ones) - dont know if your doing staggered or just on the front pegs but i've heard lots of stories of too much weight comming back down on them and snapping right off. But never learned stand-ups, so never had the experience to snap a peg.

but like anything, take your time - your not immortal and your bike aint either, pushing the envelope canput you in thehospital even if your just fooling around in the parking lot.

(yeah havent been on the forums for awhile - throw money at the bikes and the strippers)

Old 11-18-2008, 10:37 AM

I have only been riding my 1000RR for about a week, But I can tell you the peg placement makes stand ups with both feet on the pegs feel weird to me....Don't get me wront I can do it...and At the ballance point...just feels weird. I have descovered that the weirdness goes away with one knee in the seat. I prefer peg stand ups on my R1 for lane control and changing lanes.....But on the RR I just can't get comfortable yet....Maybe time will tell. I will tell you that the RR at the Ballance point on the highway is like a Wild woman in bed....It makes me smile everytime I ride her....She will shake and wobble whne I move from side to side to change lanes. Scares the crap out of my Girl on the back too....I LOVE IT!!!

My Tip for guys learning is get sit downs first...get comfortable.....then do stand ups, I find that HIGH revs give you more control ina wheelie, but make it more jerky..... Starting in a higher gear will make it smoother, but less engine back pressure to help control loopover. Ultimatly...PRACTICE ....PRACTICE....PRACTICE....PRACTICE.

If your going to start doing LONG wheelies....Over fill the OIL level by 1/2 a qrt. I have always done this.....But my R1 motor let go a couple of weeks ago from just age and miles.....I HOPE. Waiting on the used motor now!!

My 2 cents worth!!