Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

600RR 2nd gear

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 600RR 2nd gear

Mine has never folded in. And Staggered is the way to go. Look at Turnin20s and Scott982's sig. Both staggered (pretty sure) and they look siiiick.

Yeah I don't have the ***** yet to hit the BP, but I'll be there shortly. My next set of tires I plan on puttin about 8000 miles on the rear tire, and about 3000 on the front.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Scott982

I have no clue I never look at the gauges you just get a feel for it after awhile and its just like shifting, you just know when...Just clutch it alittle and if it doesn't come up alittle more and just keep at it man and you will get it in no time..Just take it slow and cover the brake
I'm glad you said that cuz I hate it when people say "rev it to 7000 rpms and pop the clutch." Man I'm not trying to look down at my gauges, I'm looking up ahead that way I know that when I see the sky it's like time to hit the rear brake.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:59 AM

scotts recommendation with the left foot on the passenger peg and the right foot on the front peg is the way to go, that i how I started learning the standups, and it is WAY easier than having both feet on the front pegs, it only felts wierd for me about the first 5 or 6 times, then it starts to feel normal, it is much easier to balance too.
Also to keep my peg from folding in, I put the center of my foot extremely close to the inside of the passenger peg, trying to focus my weight on the hidge of the peg, and not the peg itself, it has worked great so far, but I like the screw idea too, I may look into that.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:30 PM

Ive never had the peg fold on me before and I have been doing "Stagered" Wheelies for a long time now. As for the clutching it up. I never clutch it up unless I am doin a sit down wheelie because I dont like how the bike comes up powering it like that. But in stand ups I just rip it up there and it brings me right to the balance point. Infact I think it looks worse to clutch the bike up because it slingshots up there. You can control how fast the bike comes up in a power wheelie. If you rev the bike up and clutch it than its going to spring up there.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:46 PM

so you're saying your not in control when you clutch it up?

Old 08-04-2006, 07:30 PM

No cause you are releasing a stored up amount of power that you can over jump very easily. Powering up something and releasing it with full force is more dangerous than progresively raising the wheel with a steady amount of power.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: DThompson

No cause you are releasing a stored up amount of power that you can over jump very easily. Powering up something and releasing it with full force is more dangerous than progresively raising the wheel with a steady amount of power.
i have to say you got that one backwards. i curious to see your power wheelie up to the bp, if you get a chance post a vid

Old 08-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Err

yea, power wheelies are scary. not only when you're doing them but when someone's doing one behind you!! i ****ing hate that ****...

Old 08-05-2006, 04:22 AM

You can control how fast the bike comes up in a power wheelie.---->>>WRONG If you rev the bike up and clutch it than its going to spring up there.------>>>ISN"T THAT THE POINT?

Sorry man, but you aren't making sense. When I first started doing standups I was powering them up, which is stupid now. First of all you have to be going between 40-50 (for me at least) and blip the throttle and pull back, kind of an accident waiting to happen. Then you have to chase the front wheel to get it to come up to BP and by then you are already going 70 or so. But now when I clutch them up I can get them up at 25 or so in 2nd gear and ride them between 45-50 no problem. The point of clutching them is to get the bike to BP as quick as possible, and that is what you should be going for. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'm doing everything right and I'm deffinately not the best at it, but I have been out and done both and this is what I have learned in the past few months. Just cover the brake and clutch the bike up, but if you want to wreck keep on powering them up, one time you will chase too hard and it will be all over from there and we will see a post on here titled "Wrecked The Bike Today" there are already plenty of those on here right now.

-Jesse-

Old 08-05-2006, 04:23 AM

ORIGINAL: kup125

i have to say you got that one backwards. i curious to see your power wheelie up to the bp, if you get a chance post a vid

+1

Quick Reply: 600RR 2nd gear