CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Street Fighters (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fighters-105/)
-   -   Thank the lord we have a streetfighter section! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fighters-105/thank-lord-we-have-streetfighter-section-122097/)

Conrice 03-08-2011 08:50 AM

Thank the lord we have a streetfighter section!

3 Attachment(s)
i was scrollin' down to the 954 section when i saw the new streetfighter section, this is awesome. thanks to the mods for puttin' it in!

i've got some pics that are a month or so old of my fighter.

its been off the road for a week or so now. i'm puttin on some dirty bars, making a new headlight out of an infinity j30 headlight, and a new guage mount. all i'm waiting on now are my brake lines from galfer to get here, and i should be back on the road again. i'm also taking the rear brake resevior and mounting it to the front, and making the rear resevior be a longer piece of clear tubing.

future mods will be : viffer SSSA w/ a car rim (17x7) no rediculously wide tire, 1000rr front end swap, add another radiator fan, eventually (when they become cheaper) a bmw s1000r tail section and custom subframe, stroked motor, stainless steel braided hoses and cables.

but who knows, i start changing my mind every month it seems....

s10hornet 03-09-2011 01:22 PM

I've got two of my guage mounts. one is a 45 degree like the one on my bike. the other is a 90 degree which puts the guage face on a plane with the top clamp. If you're interested in either one they cost me $40 to have them made. they mount to the lock set with two 90 mm x 8 mm x 1.25 bolts.

Conrice 03-09-2011 08:01 PM

thanks man, it is a good looking guage mount.... but i don't have the ignition in the top yoke anymore, thus nowhere to mount it. i've shaved the lockset mount right off. the ignition is mounted right above my clutch. thanks though, like i said, its a really clean lookin' mount

__Z__ 05-02-2011 10:26 AM

conrice im thinking about making my 929 a fighter, did you relocate your key to the side there?

is that wat i see in the first pic?

Conrice 05-02-2011 10:37 AM

yup. and i ground/sanded down the top yoke

__Z__ 05-02-2011 11:04 AM

very nice, i like that idea, so i can tuck the cluster in tighter....

was the relocation pretty simple?

i plan on getting the front end done as i ride this season, and as soon as winter hits, throw on my new custom 08 tail on there, im goin all gloss black with cf accents

cynicalrider 05-02-2011 02:20 PM

Conrice I see a gap under your tank. Did your bike have the ram air tubes like an f4i at one point? I don't know how the 954's look under their plastics.

__Z__ 05-02-2011 02:34 PM

those gaps are from the duct covers, thats why i plan on fiberglassing my tank, and getting rid of that gap

cynicalrider 05-02-2011 03:14 PM

Fail. I have an awesome idea for my build but it is based off the F4i ram air tubes, but I can't find any literbike with a similar setup.

Conrice 05-03-2011 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by __Z__ (Post 1047747)
very nice, i like that idea, so i can tuck the cluster in tighter....

was the relocation pretty simple?

i plan on getting the front end done as i ride this season, and as soon as winter hits, throw on my new custom 08 tail on there, im goin all gloss black with cf accents

ya it was pretty simple. solder and heat shrink wrap the connections. i've modded the harness a lot, but its not hard if you have a wiring diagram handy.

ya everything is behind the axle including the light now on my bike. and with my new setup, when i'm tucked in - my head is out infront the entire bike - its a badass feeling.