Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

Street Fighter

Old 04-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Default Street Fighter

ok guys i would like to no if it is difficult to wire up the front street fighter headlight assembly on a 99 cbr 600, and explaining how to wire it would really help

Old 04-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

what headlight are you using? pics of wires from the headlight would help so we can see the wiring. and you should DL the manual or at least a wiring diagram for your bike so you can see what wires are what. after that. if you've a headlight assembly with signals and lights, making a plug would be the best bet. a quick trip to radio shack would do the trick.

but all it is in reality is connecting a few wires together.... so its not too difficult

Old 04-15-2011, 12:57 PM

ok its just confusing for me bc i have all the wires there but there r a few cut by the previous owner and im thinking thats for the headlights but not sure

Old 04-15-2011, 12:59 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-15-2011, 01:00 PM

this is what im talking about these r the wires im worried about

Old 04-15-2011, 02:05 PM

well, there's not really any universal color code.... however, on my bike ... orange wires are turn signals and so are light blue ones. low beam is grey, high beam black with blue stripe, and ground is black with grey dot.

look at the wiring diagram, i'm sure it's posted in your section.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:14 PM

ok, the green wires are your ground wires. the blue wire (NOT light blue) as well as the white wire are for your headlight (one is hi beam and one is lo beam).

edit - thats what the wiring diagram says, but there's no way thats right, its too confusing even for a braniac engineer. you should have a solid orange with an orange/white stripe wire as your left turn signal. and the solid light blue and light blue/white stripe wires should be your right turn signal.... the diagram i found on google images says different, but if you look at it, it doesnt make any sense. and seeing how the wiring diagrams for the headlights look somewhat similar to the 954 and it looked almost identical on the f4i, id say its a typo...

double edit - i'm pretty sure they goofed up the headlight too. if you don't see the white wire up front, but you have a blue wire with a whitestripe on it, i'd say thats probably your other headlight wire. so that means a blue wire and a blue with a white stripe wire are your headlight wires (along with the green ground obviously).

Last edited by Conrice; 04-15-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:54 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-15-2011, 04:56 PM

ok conrice i exposed the wires a little bit better, so tell me again lol, i have 2 solid green wires, 2 orange wires 1 with a white strip, 2 blue wires 1 with a white strip, and then u can see the 3 long *** wires lol

Old 04-15-2011, 05:19 PM

way better picture, thanks. ALL green wires are your ground, you need them.

the three long *** wires are for your headlight. the white one is the lo beam, the blue is the hi beam and the green is ground.

each turn signal has 3 wires going to each one in stock form. there's the ground (green for both of them), then there is a solid and a solid with a white stripe for each side. the oranges are your lefts and the light blues are your rights. the wires that are solid are the actual flashing/blinking light (turn signal). the wires with the stripes are your running lights. they are on anytime the ignition is on and they are dim. most people only use the solid orange and solid light blue wires with the green grounds so that they only have a turn signal, and no running light. and so the ones that the previous owner cut are the ones with the white stripes because they are the actual running lights. you don't need them.

make more sense now? sorry, the last post was me finding a bunch of conflicting info, i kept editing that because i kept finding out different things. this is correct now

Last edited by Conrice; 04-15-2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: grammar

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Street Fighter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.