Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

Starting my first F3 Street Fighter Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My new front fairing just came in. Bike will be put together by this weekend

Old 09-04-2013, 09:24 AM

What tail conversion looks the best? How do you convert it? How much does it cost?

Old 09-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

As far as tail conversion, it depends on your skills. What fab skills do you have. How are you with a grinder? Can you weld?

That determines what tails you can do (let alone what ones look best) and then how much it will cost?

Look forward to seeing the new headlight and cowl

Old 09-05-2013, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
As far as tail conversion, it depends on your skills. What fab skills do you have. How are you with a grinder? Can you weld?

That determines what tails you can do (let alone what ones look best) and then how much it will cost?

Look forward to seeing the new headlight and cowl
I have some one with the weld and conversion so that shouldn't be a problem but he doesn't know much about bikes. I like the 05 and newer r6 tails but idk what tail would fit best, I like something with a point to it. I don't see the conversion coming any time soon though

Old 09-05-2013, 02:41 PM

If he can weld, he can weld the sub frame - it doesn't matter if he knows motorcycles or not. There's a million "how-to's" on tail conversions. With the steel frame of the F3, it will be very simple. If you can weld the rear, then you can do any tail you want.

Decide, and plan. That's all you need to do.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:25 PM

If he can weld, he can weld the sub frame - it doesn't matter if he knows motorcycles or not. There's a million "how-to's" on tail conversions. With the steel frame of the F3, it will be very simple. If you can weld the rear, then you can do any tail you want.

Decide, and plan. That's all you need to do.
Awesome. I wont have the money for awhile that might make a good winter project. I like the tail on yours its real clean. Any place i can look for a tail cheap? Id like to buy the whole tail not just the frame.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:43 AM

ebay man. ebay - check there before anywhere else. Also, you can check CL for people parting out bikes.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:25 AM

ebay man. ebay - check there before anywhere else. Also, you can check CL for people parting out bikes.
Yea ive been checking CL every night but yea I buy everything off eBay but that's gonna be costly to find all the parts for the rear end

Old 09-06-2013, 08:26 AM

I'd like to stretch my bike a little bit. What's the benefits of stretching it and the downfalls. What do you need to stretch it?

Old 09-06-2013, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by pmcvey16
I'd like to stretch my bike a little bit. What's the benefits of stretching it and the downfalls. What do you need to stretch it?
Stretching it on an f3 would be mostly for style. The purpose of stretching a bike is to make it harder to wheelie (so you can be in the first couple of gears at WOT at full RPMs with a liter bike). With 600's, the benefits aren't as great because keeping the front down isn't such a tall order like it is on liter bikes.

It wont handle as quick.
The rear will have less traction.

You'll need a stiffer spring (because of the added leverage on the rear softens up the rear suspension).
Obviously, you'll need a longer chain too.

But, if you want to do it, have at it, man.

Quick Reply: Starting my first F3 Street Fighter Build