Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

F2 fighter - "The Rotch Crocket"

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F2 fighter - "The Rotch Crocket"

Hi all, thought I'd start a thread over here about my new F2 project.
Copied from another forum

A couple weeks ago I sold my old project, a Chinese 250 Dual Sport, and picked up a 91 CBR. It has a rebuilt title but was the cleanest I could find for the money. It has a few goodies, stainless lines, fox shock manual CCT etc.
Everyone likes pics, so here are a few.
When I brought her home

Quick chop job and signal switch on the rear end.

Started pulling crap off

Sooo much wiring to hide!

Initial headlight mockup, not really liking it

Hacked the temp gauge and some of the idiot lights off of the stock cluster which will be used for now.

Different bug screen, looking a bit better

Stuffed all the wiring around the airbox and went for a test ride last night. Bottom headlight mount needs to be shorter as I’m lighting up the moon instead of the road. Next on the list is to get the frame and all my brackets painted black, also need to shorted the most of the harness, lengthen a few wires and mount the temp gauge down on the frame somewhere.
Down the road I want to add some risers and bar, chop the fender, remove the hugger, add a digital dash and a belly pan. eventually I think I’m going to swap in an rr tail (need to keep a passenger seat for the missus).
Work will be slow as this is my daily driver and I also have another MMA fight coming up so time is limited.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:56 AM

Did a bunch more work this weekend, but not much that you can see. Cleaned up a bunch of the wireing and moved the fuse box so I can get at it.

Moved the headlight closer to the forks and aimed it properly, put my mirrors on, flipped my clipons and replaced most of the zipties with bolts.

Really want to get the frame and headers painted as the rust is an eyesore!

Found a good condition seat locally that I think I might pick up and build into a solo seat with a trunk, should work well I think.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:57 PM

Got my fender trimmed down and created some side panels/belly pan.
I'm sure most wont like the side panels but I'm digging them right now. May change them when I get the frame painted. Will look better when I finish my mesh rad cover at that will wrap around and fill the gap between the top of the panel and the tank. Was kinda hard to do somthing that was different from all the other F2's

Old 06-11-2011, 10:35 AM

Nice start (side panels aren't my taste but I like the bug screen). Might look into powder coating the frame instead of painting it. I'm going to have my f4 frame done flat (might do crinkle) black. Local shop is only charging me $150 for frame and swing arm.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:01 PM

I'd love to PC the but I'm working out of a tiny litte shed and the bike is in use 6 days of the week for all but the worse of the winter. I have some of the rollbar paint that is supposed to be pretty tough stuff.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:08 PM

What kind of mirrors did you get?

Old 06-12-2011, 01:04 PM

They are Koso mirror's, look nice but there are a few issues with this setup! One of them broke when I was screwing the thereaded portion in, thankfully there was enough meat on it to drill it a little deeper and tap some new threads. They vibrate like crazy and all I can see is my shoulders (but I'm pretty wide and I allwas have armour on).
When my risers get in and I slap the drag bars on I'll try some different mounts that will hopefull resolve these issues.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:21 PM

I have a f2 as well and I was thinking about doing some work on it to make it into a street fighter. Minus the fairings, how much $ do you have into your build doing the lights and windscreen?

Old 06-20-2011, 05:31 PM

can we get some info and more pics of your gauges? i want to try doing that to my f3 fighter

Old 06-21-2011, 09:35 AM

The buell light's were $75 I think, the bug screen I had kicking around allready, the mirrors were $18 on ebay. Not very much into this bike at all.
I have cleaned up the guages a bit more recently so I'll get picks. Basically just cut off the temp guage and some of the idiot lights

Quick Reply: F2 fighter - "The Rotch Crocket"