South West AZ, TX, NM, OK

New Mexico

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Mexico

Good luck raven.

Jaghunter-How do you think I feel. I put up with that day in and day out. It is because of all the damn GSXR riders around here pulling wheelies on White Sands.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:16 PM

Hoosier---Beleive me I know, I have lived here my whole dang life and the only tickets (plural) I have gotten have been in damned Alamogordo. (Got out of one in Silver City though, just talked to the cop about hunting and he let me go). But dang there is acrap ton of gixxers there. About two weeks ago at the stop light on US 70 tween there and Tularosa I saw one almost eat it baddddddd, doing a stupid *** stoppie ( allI know is his ankle aint going to feel good for awhile).

Raven, watch out for pot holes, and big height increase/decreases in the road just outside of Ruidoso (Alamo side), also there are some sketchy (gravel/mud from the melt/rains)corners, but nothing that can't be handled.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:07 AM

Boy howdy, I tell you what, boss!
Hwy 37 is bombproof in its uniform and newish surface! Good thing too, as the elements furied upon my person, astride my Honda.
Approx. 1500 hrs. Fri/23rd; Visibility 1000 m. but roost on visor made vision glaucomic. Southbound, with gale-force sleet from East. Thin layer of slush on road. I enter a sharp, ascending and decreasing-radius twisty at approx.ten mph.,and, as I am laden (and dripping wet!) , my form is at a right angle to the surface. Precisely when I reached the apex of the turn, a tornados' fist punched into my little corner of Lincoln County, bending the forest, stripping the canopy off and raining down "Louisville Suggers"! I barely noticed, becuase all my time and attention were occupied by my lateral movement across the double yellow line! Training kicked in and I counter-steered back into the turn but my sphinkter puckered up so hard and so fast that I gave my saddle a hickie! Gonna need those upholstery tips from other thread on seat refurbishing. Now I see why Sr. V. Rossi pulls his leathers out of his buttocks before every race.
The only potholes I saw were man-made X's in the surface, between Ruidoso and the Inn. I missed them.

On 18APR07 my Mother-in-law will be here for a few days. Since I'm currently divorcing her daughter, I think it best (spouse agrees) I get out of Dodge for a few days, concurrent. I'll stay at the blood-red cabins down by the creek, in Ruidoso. I plan to spend my time circumnavigating Sierra Blanca, over and over again.
Hwy 70, through the Rez, to Tularosa,then from Toolie to Cari on Hwy 54, then over to Hondo on 380 and turnonto Hwy 70, backto the rez. I wear Old Fat Guys' jacket so if you pull up behind me, remember I scittish.

With my land-speed record to Grants and this trip to the Inn, I've loggedover1000 mi. sincebeing allowed to join this Forum.

I see the word Honda, but...

Pax, G.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:21 AM

Amitize my double-posting over the next few weeks of non-posting, please. I'm audi Corrales! I hope to be a resident of Ruidoso within the next several weeks. By then we should have every excuse to meet in Alomogordo or Las Cruces. I'm ready to ride! Peace, Gray.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:12 AM

My bike is finally put back together so hit me up and I am down for a ride to anywhere!

Old 05-06-2007, 07:46 PM

Just rode from Las Cruces through Alamogordo and then up to Cloudcroft and then on to Sunspot.It was a great ride and some pretty good twisties. Also, rode my friends BMW K1200S, it is soooooo smooth and really quick. I am now kinda looking for an 01-02 F4i, just wanting to upgrade within my price range.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:35 PM

Getting stationed inClayton for the summer, so anyone around there, I really doubt it. But you never know

Old 06-21-2007, 03:34 AM

jaghunter ; Cloudcroft area great ridin' ! Have you been from Springer to Taos on Hwy. 58 ? The rides are very similar. August will be my first opportunity to toodle around the region, and this would be the place to touch base. Be well, be safe. Pax, G.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:52 AM

I will have to check it out. I'll let you know.