South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV, VA, DE, DC, MD

Southern MD, Norther VA + Surrounding Area Group Ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southern MD, Norther VA + Surrounding Area Group Ride

From Jaynd aka Jason on Myspace, figured I'd help spread the word, since he hates contacting millions of people and yet still riding by himself =P

ok, i'd like to ride w/ someone other then............me. so im planning a spring group ride for all you ****ers that have been in hibernation until it hits 80deg, hahaha.

Date - May 4th (schedules conflict blah blah dont feel like changing the date 10 times. if you really wanna go, try to plan ahead to be free on that day).

*IF IT RAINS ON THAT DAY, THE RIDE WILL BE THE FOLLOWING SUNDAY!!!!*

Meeting location - thinking Solomons Island. great place to meet, on the water, and great place to get some pics of all the bikes together and shoot the **** w/ other riders before the ride.

Time - unknown

Route - thinking some twisties, some cruising, and finish somewhere where we can all chill and get some grub.

so basically all i've got thus far is a date, i'll think of a fun, yet safe route and post another bulletin. please copy/paste this or pass it on to other riders in the area. it would be nice to see a group of sportbikes riding together (instead of Goldwings w/ chatterboxes).

if possible, please message or comment me how many people you could get to come along and ride. i'd like to be able to tell others a guesstimated number of bikes.

so knock the dust off the bikes and lets get a large spring ride going.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Default RE: Southern MD, Norther VA + Surrounding Area Group Ride

I will try to make it. How are the roads? Looking for some twisties!! I might be able to get a group together and come down. I live in northern MD.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Slip, are you local too?

Old 04-03-2008, 02:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

Slip, are you local too?
yes sir. i met up w/ him a couple weekends ago. he's prob about 30 mins from me.

still havent met up w/ you, Jaybird.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:11 PM

for all those interested in going, here's some details........

meeting location - solomons island, MD. on May 4th at 12. if it happens to rain on that sunday, the ride will be moved to THE FOLLOWING SUNDAY!

"Solomons Island, Maryland is located on State Route 2 in Solomons, Calvert County, Southern Maryland, twenty miles south of Prince Frederick.
From Washington, D.C. - Take State Route 4 east from the Washington Beltway to State Route 2-4 to Solomons.
From Baltimore - Take Interstate 97 south from the Baltimore Beltway, to State Route 3 and U.S. Route 301 south to State Route 4. Continue south/east to State Route 2-4 to Solomons.
You can also take I-97 south to the Aris T. Allen Boulevard exit (Route 665), then follow signs for Solomons Island, Route 2 South. Go south on Route 2, following signs for Prince Frederick. Route 2 will join with Route 4 - make a left from Route 2 onto Route 2-4 south. Follow Route 2-4 south/east to Solomons.
From Richmond - Take U.S. route 301 north into Maryland, then State Route 234 east to State Route 5, south on State Route 5 passing Leonardtown, left on State Route 4 across the Thomas Johnson Bridge (lower Patuxent River Bridge) to State Route 2 at east end of the bridge."

we will be meeting in solomons island to shoot the ****, get some pics of the bikes together and wait for people who arent punctual .

im thinking we'll possibly take some back roads from solomons to annapolis.......depends on group size. if quite a few people attend, i'd rather stick to main roads and cruising as a group. things can get ugly w/ a large number of people romping through back tiwsty roads .

we will be riding to Chevys in Annapolis. its some DAMN GOOD mexican food. (if you care to mapquest it.....2436 Solomns Island Dr.
Annapolis, MD 21401)

please, post up if you plan on making it so i can attempt to get a "head count"

hope to meet some of you on may 4th.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:37 PM

theres a huge car meet in college park that day..and since i'm part of that club i'm a staff member for the event basically sorta working to get things going for the meet...last year they had 2000 some cars and a lot of bikes too..may be you guys can come to CP as well check out one of the largest meets of the year in this area...

Old 04-04-2008, 12:21 AM

Yeah, I live in PG County, in Fort Washington. Where are you at? Anyway, if Jaynd goes, I'll go ride this weekend too lol. Hopefully it ends up being 60 or more.

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

Slip, are you local too?

Old 04-04-2008, 08:18 PM

I live in arlington

www.dcsportbikes.net

if you didnt know about it

Old 04-04-2008, 08:35 PM

hey Ebear,

im signed up on there, but dont really like the mindset of people on there. plus its FILLED w/ R1's and GSX-R1000's.......i feel alone w/ my little 600, hahaha.

how far are you from Solomons, brother?

Old 04-09-2008, 12:13 AM

^ Bump ^

Hopefully someone else local sees it.

Quick Reply: Southern MD, Norther VA + Surrounding Area Group Ride