South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV, VA, DE, DC, MD

SC Riding...???

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC Riding...???

Hello guys/gals,

A long time ago, I started a thread when I lived in OH called OH Riding...? and got some pretty good responses, even made a few friends!

Well, due to my profession (I play golf for a living), I moved to SC, Conway to be exact, right next to Myrtle Beach. I'll be down here for at least a year, then I'll be moving back to OH.

Now that I have a couple of weeks off, I have to get my fix. Where are the GOOD roads around here?! Even if it's an hour/2 hours away, I'll ride. I'm getting so f'in sick of seeing squids around here that it makes me sick! All they do is throw on a pair of gym shorts...maybe some flip flops, and they go cruising down 501/544/17, just cruising the beach(es). THAT IS NOT riding! LOL...I pray to God that there are some twisties somewhere in SC, but, being that I just moved down here, I don't know didly squat about this place!

If you know of any GOOD areas in SC to ride, PLEASE, let me know! I know that Deals Gap isn't tooooo far from here (closer than when I lived in OH)...I Mapquested it, however, does anyone know a good, rough idea, how long it'd take on a bike? Being that the MB area is full of tourist who don't know how to drive, it could take twice as long.

Anyways, if you could let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks a bunch!

Old 05-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

head north and west 'til you find some high ground. I don't know anything local to myrtle to tell you; but you are in one of the squid capitals of the US. welcome to SC.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:33 PM

Yeah, I was afraid so !

I really can't wait until I get out of this damn area! There's so much BS around here that it isn't the slightest bit funny. Hell, the Harley guys, etc., were "protesting" Bike Week because Myrtle Beach requires(ed) a helmet per each rider. Not only that, but these people around here DON'T know how to drive.

Hell, and the worst part of it...there's not a freakn' track in sight! Nota. Zero. Zip. Zilch. However, I won't hesitate the least bit to drive back to OH to hit up Mid-Ohio, perhaps V.I.R. ...SOMETHING.

I noticed that you're in upstate. How is it up there? Is it "city like", or more "country like"? Any golf courses up around there? What about the cost of living?

Even when I travel to various tournaments, I'll always stay in a small town. Even if it's an hour away. I can't stand the city! LOL...Conway isn't as bad as MB...I'm more "out of town". Set back from the BS. So, it's not too bad where I'm at. Peaceful and definitely quiet. I can smell the fresh, crisp, ocean air, feel the sweet breeze and sip on some Macallan or Glenlivet and not be bothered.

Oh, and are there any GOOD bike shops? I've had the exact same, O.E.M. battery in my bike since it was manufactured! I took better care of it than my girlfriend So, it's been faithful to me for the past 5 years. It's still fine, but 5 years is an eternal life for a battery, especially with over 40K miles. Just to be on the safe side, I want to get a new battery before I ride back to OH, then all the way back here. It'd suck a big one if I broke down way out in B.F.E.! Not only a brand new battery, but I want a place like I had back home...Iron Pony. Quality service, FRIENDLY people and not some squid talking about how fast his Busa' goes or how much chrome he/she has on a ZX-14.

Anywho...thanks for the reply. If you can, let me know the names of the roads/areas where my best bet(s) would be. Thanks man!

Old 08-16-2010, 10:21 PM

theres a track here in columbia... hell of a ride to get here from conway though... i havent been to the track though. i just started riding a week ago lol.