Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

YES!!! GEAR DAY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YES!!! GEAR DAY!!!!

Well my new gear is supposed to be coming in today so if they don't call me I'm calling them after work to see if I can pick it up! They said it would be here maybe Monday but for sure by Wednesday. Pics to come when I have it!!

Mike

I'M SO EXCITED AND HYPER AT WORK! I WANT TO GO RIDe!!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Default RE: YES!!! GEAR DAY!!!!

Not to rub it in, but I just received my new suit today!! I ordered the Alpinestars RC-1 one piece in black. Fits like a glove. Perfect fit, feels as though it was custom tailored. Quality armor, snaps for the tech race back protector to lock in and speed hump. I wore it around the house for an hour...wanted to wear it over to the girlfriends laterto quicken the break in, but she won't let me.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:16 PM

Well, did you get your stuff yet?

For future reference, skip the stealership when ordering gear and go with motosport.com. Ordered by phone easter sunday and had my suit wednesday. $100 off retail and free 2nd day air. Even Dennis Kirk or others are better than stealership.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:41 PM

you should have wore it over to your girlfriends anyway.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:57 AM

The suit and the gloves came that day and I brought them both home and the suit didn't fit. I bought a 54 and it was WAYYYY too tight. I know I'm fat and I want to lose weight but it would have taken me a year and I bought the suit for NOW. So I returned it and got a 56 instead of the 54. It fits when I'm wearing NOTHING but boxers underneath. lol

PIX

Old 03-31-2008, 01:49 PM

Very nice! I'm going to try and sell my 1 piece suit soon for something that's tighter. I got a 46 and I needed a 44 (at least in A* size), so I know what you mean.

How do you like the 2 piece? Do you notice the zippers when in it at all? I'm thinking about getting some pants to zip to my leather jacket for more "spirited" riding, and I'd love to hear some input on your thoughts before I take the plunge. Thanks!

Old 03-31-2008, 02:55 PM

Looks like a good fit to me. Helpful tip...go buy something like Nike or Under Armor in a full length spandex pant and long sleeve spandex shirt. You'll thank me when you go to get out of that suit in the summer heat haha. With the spandex, it slips right off.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:43 PM

I'll do it tonight thanks for the advice D! As far as the zippers go no I didn't really notice it at all. It was a little difficult to zip the pants to the jacket while they were both on. Next time I wear both I think I'll zip them together first before I put it all on. The suit is a nice snug fit I just wish I wasn't so fat! hahahahahaha That would probably help make my little 600 go a lot faster too. I want to just wear it all around the house it's so awesome! lol I'm like a 6 year old boy on Christmas morning! I can't wait until riding season, I just wish I could do a wheelie or something cool like that too. I'm such a noob.

The Arai RX7 helmet is a really nice fit too I can't wait to ride with it. I just need to get a tinted shield for it and the cheekpads are on backorder so I have to wait until April 17!!!!!!!! =( I got a large helmet with the XL cheekpads since I have a fat head. lol

Mike

PS I hate Wisconsin I want to ride all year long.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:06 PM

You should totally put all the gear on, set up a video camara, and find things to do. Dance, mow the lawn (or shovel snow?), really get "Into" watching the speed channel, eat dinner, take the wife out for a night on the town... you know... fun stuff.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:13 PM

Here's my new suit. When I first got it I was wearing it for several hours in the house...just because. Already had it on several rides and I like it. Used to have a Joe Rocket, but from now on I'm sticking with the Alpinestars or Dainese.
Can't wait to get a photo of me on track in my new suit so I can do an art piece of myself for once hahaha

You can see from my huge smile how much I like it!
It's a size 50 US - 60 Euro...I'm like 6'2"-6'3" and about 240 or so.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4409/86AA570C7D3B4375817621203FE83A55.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: YES!!! GEAR DAY!!!!