Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

wheelie gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wheelie gone bad

thank god the work pc has no speakers...

Old 09-21-2006, 12:46 AM

Nix the wheelie practice for a bit....as for the sounds...I'm a corpsman...aka, feild medic with the Marines....I've tended to everything from sprained ankles, simple gunshot wounds to buddies being blown in half, people make all sorts of weird sounds...the worse I ever heard was the drama queen with a snapped tibia, dude screamed you deaf til we pumped him with narcs...then theres the scary quiet gurgling....not so cool, if they're screaming, they got air and energy to do it..... For the Vid, sucks no matter how you slice it, what went wrong????

Old 09-21-2006, 02:47 AM

That was scary. I know that hurt like a motha. He got knocked good. I flagged a MX race last year and had one guy land on another from a pretty good size jump. The guy who was landed on was KO'ed and when he started coming around he made those same noises. After about 2 mins of that straight he started to breath normally. We found out later he had 3 broken ribs. Lets hope thats all this guy had.

Old 09-21-2006, 02:54 AM

Hope he has insurance..........................just kidding hope he was not seriously hurt.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:32 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't get me wrong, it really sucks that the dude wiped out and got severely hurt (maybe even died), but he WAS asking for it.

As sportbike riders, we all take a huge risk increase everytime we throw a leg over these machines. Why skyrocket that risk by doing wheelies and such on public roads? Save it for the track and wear the right gear (full leathers & full armor).

Old 09-21-2006, 03:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

I'm looking at the mechanism of injury and the possible response time of an ambulance as it looked like they're kind of in the boonies...now it could have been just initially being winded, but he looked like he was knocked unconscious by the way he laid motionless until he was out of frame...I've heard head injury patients make the same noises...either way he's jacked up pretty bad and I pray that things worked out well for him!
same thing w/ my friend, we were out in the middle of nowhere, they had to get an ambulance to drive him to the helicopter where they life starred him to the hospital. he was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash and still had hemeraging...he was temporarily parylized on one side of his body.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:55 PM

Holy Crap!!

That was really bad. I wonder if he got hit with a bad cross wind, or something.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:25 PM

At 51 years old, I consider myself a decent yet conservative rider .... I know my limitations and the consequences, but do like to dream "What if I try it, just this once ....". I enjoy honing what skills I have, and enjoy tinkering with and tuning the CBR1000 even more. In order to continue, I need to resist the urge to ride over my head.

Videos like this remind me that riders with MUCH greater talent than I could ever hope to have can get into unrecoverable situations in a fraction of a second, with life-altering consequences.

I only hope that he is fully recovered and sharing a few cold ones with his pals.

Old 09-23-2006, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Don't get me wrong, it really sucks that the dude wiped out and got severely hurt (maybe even died), but he WAS asking for it.

As sportbike riders, we all take a huge risk increase everytime we throw a leg over these machines. Why skyrocket that risk by doing wheelies and such on public roads? Save it for the track and wear the right gear (full leathers & full armor).
Not for nothing but it looks like he was wearing full suit. He didn't get hit by another vehicle and he would have gotten hurt just the same. It sucks that it happen but just cause he did it on the street and not the track doesn't mean he was "asking for it".

Old 09-23-2006, 09:32 PM

well all I thought when he was up like that on the hwy was dumb ***!!! I feel bad for the guy but, what do you think is going to happen when you do that? don't you expect to fall some time? heck have you ever just tripped on your own feet in your life? maybe not very often if hardely ever at all but it happens and that stunt take way more skill than something you do everyday all day

Quick Reply: wheelie gone bad