Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

wheelie gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wheelie gone bad

ORIGINAL: tweak mt

i think its because of colapesed lungs
Funny you should say that, because I was thinking traumatic pneumothorax due to blunt force trauma to the chest...it look like the bike might have come down on him just before his tumble. You also have to be worried about a cardiac contusion which can cause a tamponade...all those are life threatening injuries and those guys could have possibly watched their friend die right in front of them!

Old 09-18-2006, 12:32 PM

I agree (and you have far more experience than I do at this, being a medic and all).. but could the groaning be made worse by the fact he was probably winded?

During my martial arts training there were a number of groaning / 'whooping' noises that came from students who were punched / kicked in the stomach...by accident, of course. Also when my mate messed up a large drop on his freeride bike and landed flat on his chest he made the same groaning noises, only turned out to be winded though.

However, this particular crash was bad (as it's a UK A road they would have been doing well over 70mph) and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a number of broken ribs, if not a collapsed lung.

Then again... who knows.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:44 PM

i know those groans quite well, when a friend of mine got into a bike accident a few months back as soon as he regained conciousness he was attempting to pull off his gear and making the same kind of noises. we really didn't think he was going to make it, but after a couple days in the hospital and a couple months of recovery he's fine now. so ya never really know.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:27 PM

I'm looking at the mechanism of injury and the possible response time of an ambulance as it looked like they're kind of in the boonies...now it could have been just initially being winded, but he looked like he was knocked unconscious by the way he laid motionless until he was out of frame...I've heard head injury patients make the same noises...either way he's jacked up pretty bad and I pray that things worked out well for him!

Old 09-18-2006, 03:22 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Hope the guy is ok! Now i cant finish my lunch, Im done with wheelies for awhile....

Old 09-18-2006, 05:23 PM

Yeah, you're most likely right. I've *touch wood* never had to deal with a bike accident of that caliber. Main thing is, I hope he's alright.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:47 PM

Yeah I pray he's alive still too. Those gurgling sounds are sounds of possible fluid in the lungs, it could be the blood from a broken rib that punctured his lungs or it could be from a crushed ribcage either or the guy is in bad shape. I hope he's still alive.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:17 AM

YIKES

Old 09-19-2006, 03:21 AM

wow im keeping my front wheel down for a while after seeing that... too bad my speakers dont work or id know what yall were talking about...

Old 09-19-2006, 03:12 PM

wow i am with everyone else here on that matter, i have seen a lot of videos of wheelies gone wrong but this one got to me the most, if anyone ever asks me why i don't stunt again i am going to refer them to this video.

p.s. does anybody know what he did wrong in that situation?

Quick Reply: wheelie gone bad