Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Video of my first time at the track...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video of my first time at the track...

Well not the kind of track you were probably thinking but it was fun... I was bored and figured i'd take the ole slow Honda for a couple passes down the track for the first time, I was happy with the results for it being my first time there and only being on the bike for about a month and only getting to make 5-6 passes.

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...S0RACXBWZUSRXB

I'm in the left lane each time, and running my buddies fzr600 that he picked up a few days after I picked mine up, I cant remember the guys name but he bought it from him on here...

Here was my best pass out of 5-6 passes, I made all the passes in the last 30-45 minutes before the track closed and the times kept dropping but then it was time to go, so i think i could possibly squeeze a lil bit more out of her...

Old 07-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Video of my first time at the track...

Not bad for the first time out -- be honest with ya, 57MB is too much of a download even with broadband

Old 07-17-2005, 05:40 PM

Thanks, files that large only take a few minutes for me so i dont think anything about 56k people... Sorry, but the editing software i use makes them that big when i transfer them from a normal 8mm tape.

Old 07-17-2005, 06:42 PM

60 megabyte file !!! Weeeee!!! Haha... thats a big ole' file ya got there... Video looks good though, Nice Job !

Old 07-17-2005, 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: RiPTOR

60 megabyte file !!! Weeeee!!! Haha... thats a big ole' file ya got there... Video looks good though, Nice Job !

lol Thanks man, I just watched it for the first time and I have no clue why all of a sudden the audio is stopping halfway... Is it doing it for you guy to?

Old 07-18-2005, 07:30 AM

yeah audio dies halfway, but good vid man.

Old 07-19-2005, 01:31 AM

Looks good just one thing to keep in mind. There is no real need to smoke the tire with a street bike. Your not running a wheelie bar so you not going to dump the clutch. Also there is about 3 inches of rubber at those starting lines I have yet to see a street bike spin the tire up there. Just FYI if you want to extend the life of your tire.

Old 07-19-2005, 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Anubis

yeah audio dies halfway, but good vid man.
Thanks

ORIGINAL: gdharp600

Looks good just one thing to keep in mind. There is no real need to smoke the tire with a street bike. Your not running a wheelie bar so you not going to dump the clutch. Also there is about 3 inches of rubber at those starting lines I have yet to see a street bike spin the tire up there. Just FYI if you want to extend the life of your tire.

Thanks for the heads up man, It was my first time at the track and I had told myself and a buddy of mine that just got his bike a couple days after mine that I didnt see the point in heating up our tires since our bikes were slow... On my first pass I didnt heat them up and towards the middle-end of 1st gear the rear felt squirlley like it was spinning, I'm not for sure if I got out of the groove or what though... So when I got back I went over and was talking to a couple of the Busa guys running high 5's getting some advice or tips since it was my first time there, and they told me I should do atleast a lil burnout each time to heat the tires up to try and prevent the rear from spinning once I get going...

I may go back one more time to see if I could cut a better time, but it is by no means going to be a normal thing for my bike to see the drag strip, I enjoy hitting the curves...

Old 07-20-2005, 02:36 PM

nice vids... ehehe i would have been tempted to pop a wheelie and go threw the gears like that but thast just me :P lolz

Old 07-21-2005, 06:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Vorgto

nice vids... ehehe i would have been tempted to pop a wheelie and go threw the gears like that but thast just me :P lolz

Thanks... Yea but me = newbie (riding about a month) so im to skeered to do any wheelies...

Quick Reply: Video of my first time at the track...