Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Top Gear: Ford Fiesta

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Gear: Ford Fiesta

i like small cars too jules...although i dont consider mine fast at all

Old 12-11-2008, 12:18 AM

The best top gear reveiw ever.....However...it still is a Fiesta.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:07 AM

i think ford is trying to get away from that image tank....but failing miserably...unless they wanted to build the worst landing craft beach vehicle ever....im suprised the dam thing made it to the beach..wonder how ford likes all the water in in when they give it back...lol

Old 12-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have heard a few Ford jokes here on the forum and often wondered why?? ...is Ford of Europe for us, different to the Ford over your side of the pond because every Ford here is usually top quality and runs as reliable as clockwork ..every Ford I ever had was strong and fun, the few Vauxhalls I had were unreliable.

Jules

Old 12-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Banned

The Ford cars you have over there are definately better looking than the ones we have over here Jules.

I've never had much trouble with any of my Fords either. They haven't been quite as good as the Honda I have, but much better than any GM product I've ever owned. Don't get me wrong, I'm not GM bashing here...only stating my opinion from the experiences that I have had.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a time there, when the even Ford mechanics wouldn´t buy a Ford, especially in the truck division. The newer (circa 2004) F-150s really changed that viewpoint.

Here are a list of common problems with the 97-04 F-150s
From here (link)

[ul][*]Audio system: Electrical noise caused by the electric fuel pump in the tank can cause a buzzing noise when the AM band of the radio is selected. (1997) [/align][*]Automatic transmission: Transmission fluid can leak from the transmission into the transfer case. The low transmission-fluid level causes shifting and engagement problems. (1997) [/align][*]Automatic transmission: If water gets into the transfer case, the mode switch can be shorted out making it impossible to select a different range. (1997) [/align][*]Climate control: Cold air may come out of the heater vents at the floor due to a door in the duct not sealing properly. (1997) [/align][*]Clutch: Hopping, binding sensation from rear axle caused by binding limited-slip clutch packs requires revised clutch packs and reformulated gear lube. (2002-04) [/align][*]Cold-starting problems: Throttle sticks due to icing in cold weather requiring a service kit for the PCV system. (1997-02) [/align][*]Dashboard lights: Water in the spark-plug wells may cause the ignition spark to jump to ground causing a misfire and illuminating the check engine light. (1997) [/align][*]Engine misfire: The engine may run rough or idle roughly if condensation from the air conditioning drips onto the oxygen sensor. (1997-98) [/align][*]Engine noise: Piston slap on cold startup due to faulty pistons in 5.4-liter engine. (1998) [/align][*]Heater core: Installing a restrictor in the heater inlet hose may repair heater cores leaks. (1999-2002) [/align][*]Transmission problems: Torque converter dust plug may fall out. Replacement should be retained with RTV sealant. 1989-2003) [/align][/ul]
NHTSA Recall History[/align] [ul][*]1997 F150/F250: It is possible that the intermediate steering shaft yoke may break, causing a loss of steering control. Dealer will inspect and replace affected parts.[*]1997 in 10 northern states: Operation at highway speeds in winter conditions can cause PVC fitting to freeze; throttle plate could then remain in cruising position after pedal is released.[*]1997: Certification label shows incorrect rear-tire-inflation pressure.[*]1997: Retainer clip that holds master-cylinder pushrod to brake-pedal arm could be missing, causing loss of braking.[*]1997: Seatbelt-anchorage attachments are missing or misinstalled.[*]1997: Separation of transmission bracket fitting from cable can result in inability to shift into "Park."[*]1997-02: Cruise-control deactivation switch may overheat, smoke, or burn.[*]1997-98 w/4WD: If vehicle is overloaded, rear leaf springs can fracture.[*]1997-98 w/V6, in any of 23 states: Throttle is unable to return to idle due to ice forming in throttle body.[*]1997-98 w/automatic transmission: Shift-cable assembly might not be fully attached to steering column bracket and could come out, preventing shifting into "Park" even though indicator shows it is in "Park."[*]1997-98: Certain off-lease vehicles, Canadian in origin but sold in the U.S., have daytime running lights that do not meet U.S. specifications.[*]1997-98: Lug nuts may loosen and studs may experience fatigue failure, with potential for wheel separation.[*]1997-98: Main battery cable can contact body panel in trunk, resulting short circuit.[*]1999 4x4 w/Off Road package and 4x2 w/Sport package: Tire and rim identification information is incorrect on certification labels.[*]1999: Fuel-pressure regulator O-ring may have been damaged, allowing fuel-vapor leakage.[*]1999: Speed-control cable on certain vehicles can interfere with pulley, preventing throttle from returning to idle when disengaging the speed control.[*]1999-00 Super Duty w/5.4-liter V8 and manual transmission: Accelerator-cable core wire on certain trucks can wear the conduit end fitting; could lead to separation of strands, which could prevent throttle from returning to idle.[*]2000-01 2000 F-150 and 2001 SuperCrew: Cruise-control deactivation switch on some vehicles may overheat, smoke, or burn; fires have occurred while vehicle was parked with ignition off.[*]2000-01: A switch located in the plastic cover of the wiper-motor gear case could malfunction and overheat, potentially resulting in loss of wiper function or fire.[*]2000-01: Some of the owner's manuals for these vehicles are missing instructions for properly attaching a child-restraint system.[*]2001: Driver- and/or front-passenger-outboard seatbelt buckle may not fully latch. In the event of a crash, the restraint system may not provide adequate occupant protection.[*]2003 F-150/250/350/450 vehicles equipped with speed control: The speed control deactivation switch may overheat and possibly cause a fire. Dealers will install a fused wiring harness into the speed control system free of charge.[*]2003-04 F-150 Lightening w/speed control system: The speed control deactivation switch may, under certain conditions, leak internally and then overheat, smoke, or burn. This could result in an underhood fire. Dealers will install a fused wiring harness. [/ul] [/align]

Old 12-11-2008, 08:39 AM

Thats the other thing I hear so many of you guys have auto box troubles with various cars ... nearly all our cars are 5 or 6 speed manuals and never fail ..autos are quite rare here..

Jules

Old 12-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

My car sh*ts bigger than that thing

Veeps dont forget about the might 1 liter, 3cyl metros we used to have here

I could never drive a car like that, i would feel like if i ever got hit by another cari would die for sure. Now in my car or truck i feel safe, there is something around me.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:22 AM

Oh well, not a problem here as cars are so much smaller anyway and the fun factor in these is just great.

We also got the Puma here, that thing handles like a dream!!

If you will ride a bike that makes you vulnerable then I dont see the problem with a small car, in fact we have a big campaign here to lose big *** cars off the roads becasue they are nothing but a danger to others and create huge damage to people and property ..

Jules

The Puma!! ...love it!! :-)

Old 12-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I do feel unsafe on my bike at times. I guess the reason that does not bother me so much is because of how much more agile it is. If i get in a bad spot on the bike, i feel i can get out of it, where even a small car, not so much.

Quick Reply: Top Gear: Ford Fiesta