Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Took a spill =(

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took a spill =(

Saturday night after all the wind and a little rain from Irene i was on my way home and coming around a corner i ran over a pile of sticks in the road (i guess had fallen out of the tree from wind) and laid the bike over. After sliding across the road a good ways thinking oh no my bike, we finally come to a halt and i get up and get over to it. It's trashed The right handle bar is snapped off, and the fairings and gas tank are Fukked. I try to start it to putt home since i was only about a mile away and that was no go. Pull my phone out of my pocket to call a friend and of course it's dead. So i get to walk home. I'm alright i guess, i have a little bit of rash on my hands and a circle on both my knees and my shoulder hurts to move it certain ways. i'm mostly upset about my bike though... When i got it hom sunday morning i realized it wouldn't start because the wires running from my start button were all cut in half. Well here's the only pic i've taken so far...

Name:  496070961_photobucket_64473_.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  54.6 KB

Old 08-30-2011, 12:26 PM

thats sucks man sorry for your loss. remember that it can be rebuilt and we can make it better,stronger faster and sexxy again glad your ok.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:27 PM

wow man, glad you are ok and home instead of the hospital, the bike can be replaced, but is a def bummer. rocks and sticks make it easy for a lowside. heal up and get your insurance to get you into a new bike.

Did you have all your gear on at least?

Old 08-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad your basically ok. Sorry about your bike. Hope you can get it repaired quickly & easily.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:37 PM

yea insurance would probably total it out, even thow it looks like some plastics,tank and new right side handlebar could fix it. are you going to report it to your insurance or just fix it.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:44 PM

I had jeans, jacket, boots and helmet on. No gloves. And i believe i'm just gonna suck it up and fix it myself. Does anyone know if an auto body shop can fix dents in a gas tank and if it's worth it? Also any input on fairing from CBRfairings.com? i like a few kits on there but the guy at the local shop yesterday told me the fitment was horrible and i'd have to pay someone to have them fitted to my bike??? And thanks for all the support guys

Old 08-30-2011, 12:49 PM

You can find a tank used for cheaper than having that one fixed more than likely, that matches your paint if your staying with that color.

here's your tank but the price is around $300.

2001 honda cbr 600 F4i gas tank fuel tank | eBay

& the front plastic

Honda CBR600F4i F4i Nose Upper Front fairing 01 02 03 | eBay

you might even check craigslist also might get lucky.

Last edited by cobra1000rr; 08-30-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:07 PM

I think i'm going with a new scheme, I like to have things that stand out and set me apart from the crowd. So if i bought a new tank it would get painted anyway as the kit i'm looking at is white fairings with some graffics on it. I just don't want to but fairings if they aren't going to fit. Thank you very much for your help though cobra!

Old 08-30-2011, 01:09 PM

That sucks man. Sorry to hear. Glad you're relatively ok though

Old 08-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE
I had jeans, jacket, boots and helmet on. No gloves. And i believe i'm just gonna suck it up and fix it myself. Does anyone know if an auto body shop can fix dents in a gas tank and if it's worth it? Also any input on fairing from CBRfairings.com? i like a few kits on there but the guy at the local shop yesterday told me the fitment was horrible and i'd have to pay someone to have them fitted to my bike??? And thanks for all the support guys
Ive heard nothing but good news about CBRfairings.com. I hear their fitment is pretty good but people have also had to use a dremel to make the holes slightly bigger so it fits perfect. 600rr.net has a few reviews and all of them are good.

Quick Reply: Took a spill =(