Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Todays great search for the covered bridge

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Todays great search for the covered bridge

So yea, I met up with some new people today from a brand new forum up here that just started up at the beginning of the year. I had found a really cool covered bridge last weekend (yea I have a weird thing for covered bridges, or any cool bridges rather, lol). So we were talking about were to go today, and I had mentioned something earlier about the covered bridge I had found, and a couple other people are into cool old bridges too! So we knew there was a covered bridge somewhere in this particular area where we were headed. Actually one of the guys was supposed to know where it was, but he got confused too and we never found it. We stopped and he had to go home from there cuz his wife is about to pop out another kid, lol. As we were at this little store taking a break, another guy none of us knew rolled in on a black '06 R6. He was just out riding by himself and stopped to take a break too. He came up to our group and introduced himself, and we got to talking with him. Super nice guy.... asked him if he'd like to tag along and he said sure, so he rode with us the rest of the day [sm=smiley20.gif]

Anyways, we head out again in search of this covered bridge. We went where we almost thought for sure the bridge was at, but it wasn't there. Stopped at another gas station, asked the people that worked there, they didn't know... asked some harley people... they didn't know, asked some really old guy in a truck that pulled in, he didn't know either. Long story short, after 100+ miles, 2 dead cats (passed the first one twice), a dead possum and a couple other small furry creatures, we finally found our bridge!

This one isn't a historic one like alot of the other covered bridges are. This one is more modern, built in 1997. But still cool none the less. The one I found last week was built in 1897 and was for the most part, original! I've gotta go back to that one and get pics... maybe tomorrow

A few pics.... we had a photographer too, cuz a guy and his wife went by on a Goldwing (the one in the background) and stopped on the other side of the bridge. So we asked him to snap a few pics. Nice guy he was! The black R6/red jacket next to me, is the one we picked up along the way

Name:  DSC_0050.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0049.jpg
Size:  65.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0047.jpg
Size:  60.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0042.jpg
Size:  98.1 KB

Name:  DSC03449.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  100.5 KB

Name:  DSC03454.jpg
Size:  77.1 KB

Name:  DSC03452.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  92.0 KB

Name:  DSC03450.jpg
Size:  154.5 KB

The Group
Name:  DSC_0041.jpg
Size:  72.0 KB

That's all.... nothing too exciting, nothing high speed, no mountains, but still a fun adventurous ride none the less!

Old 01-12-2008, 09:22 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Todays great search for the covered bridge

haha good times

Old 01-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Banned

Very cool!! Hope to see some pics of that bridge built in 1897.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

Very cool!! Hope to see some pics of that bridge built in 1897.
Yea that one is pretty beastly... looks to be nearly original and not redone like alot of them have. You have to be careful riding over it and have both feet down, cuz the wood is so old and worn that it has 'ruts' in it and it throws you all over the place as you go along, lol. I've gotta do some work on the bike tomorrow, but if I finish in time (which I should) I'll run over there and snap some pics of it Oh yea it's only one lane too.... one VERY narrow lane! LOL

VP I think today was more comical than anything, just cuz none of us knew where we were going. We were just taking roads and making all kinds of turns... no idea where we were or where we were going (we knew where we were trying to go, lol). We realized we were going in circles when we passed the same dead cat again [&:]

Old 01-12-2008, 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

Umm, Jared? No one has any hair--except you, and not much...is it happy coincidence, or...ah, how do I say this...hmmm

Old 01-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Umm, Jared? No one has any hair--except you, and not much...is it happy coincidence, or...ah, how do I say this...hmmm
hmmmmmmm. What were they looking for?

Spirit, Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Old 01-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet jared.

Where might you be headed tomorrow? I'm thinking Suches. You and anyone else wanna met up? I'm gonna start a Thread on it too.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR
[sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif] I was wondering the same thing, LOL

Old 01-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

Sweet jared.

Where might you be headed tomorrow? I'm thinking Suches. You and anyone else wanna met up? I'm gonna start a Thread on it too.
Ahhh man everybody is headed to the mountains tomorrow I really want to go, but I've got some work I really need to get done on the bike tomorrow while I have some daylight hours (gotta replace the shift star and detent spring). I would put it off until next weekend, but I borrowed somebody elses air compressor just to run my air tools for this job, and brought home a bunch of tools from work to do it. So I really need to get it done so I can return this guys air compressor... I don't want to keep it all week. BUT, I'm gonna get started early on it, and if it doesn't take that long and I can get it all wrapped up early enough with no suprises, I'll most definitely head up there. I'll just have to play it by ear and see what time I get finished. I really hope it doesn't take long... I wanna ride!

I'd like to meet up though if I do head up there... if you want to PM me your # I can give you a call if I end up heading up that way

Old 01-12-2008, 10:18 PM

Great looking bridge! The adventure is half the fun.

Quick Reply: Todays great search for the covered bridge