Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

for those who've never seen one

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:49 AM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: for those who've never seen one

I don't thinkwe slept or stopped to take a breath that whole time just kept pouring it in their and then if you don't remember they started yelling we were going too far don't hit the mosque stay out of this part of the city had to break off pull out and then reengage it was a fubar from the word go at that point the news crewsand media was run in the show while I'm gone stop before I get on my soapbox

This is an F18 doing CAS [Close Air Support] during some of the heaviest fighting in Fallujah ever. This of course took place couple years back a Recon unit had been tasked to locate a know "safe houses, where insurgent had been manufacturing IED's and stockpiling weapons and also using it for a rally point within the city. It can't be clearly made out from the vantage point of the F 16 there were 30 heavily armed insurgents who left the building en masse to hurry to a nearby engagement with US Marines which had been going on for a hour. The pilot communicates with a FAC [forward air controller] on the ground, and changes the flight path of the bomb while it is in the air. The original target was the house itself. And whoever was occupying it at the time, but You can see the targeting change.clearly see the "L" flashing in the MFD [multiple function display], and "TGP" [target] is selected. I'm assuming that the bomb itself is probably a 500 pounder, as Mk84's might have been considered overkill in an urban setting had it taken place in any other city at any other time. But at that time, Fallujah was a city completely at war. So therefore ROE [Rules of Engagement] normally calls for minimal "collateral damage." Did not apply. I have also included a map from around that time and it will give you a day by day below of that particular time

http://www.grunt.com/downloads/bombing.wmv

Old 10-17-2007, 10:18 AM

I watched a film on the discovery channel on the group from ohio I think they were army reserves or national guard reserves one of the tanks got hit with one of those....blew the **** out of it...some scary **** and a great film, just cant remember what the name of it was.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those AT mines were crazy.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:53 PM

That's living up to the 'A' in F/A-18 alright. See ya shttbags. Who is it that you hear saying 'take them out', is that the FAC?

Old 10-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Retired Administrator

Wow... I'll never complain about the road I live on again. At least it doesn't try to eat me.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:09 PM

Scary ****e... Much respect, support, appreciation and thanks to everybody who keeps my dumb-*** FREE[sm=thanx.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 10-20-2007, 02:59 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. That's was INSANE! The road blew up like a bubble!

Old 10-20-2007, 08:13 PM

crazy ****, thanks to those guys over there.