Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

thirdgen's massive F4i rebuild thread.... pix intense!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad she's running good, man. I'd say 11k is a pretty good indicator.

When were you guys at Deals Gap??
We were down May 13-17th? Something like that. We stayed in some cabins in Tellico Plains. Had a good time. I did about 1325miles over the weekend.
There's talk about going down again in early october, but I'm not sure if I can make it yet. I got promoted at work and I have a few other trips scheduled. Just not sure how everything is gonna shake out.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This write up brought a tear to my eye. Glad everything went according to plan, and shes running strong again. I applaud you for going deeper in that engine than I would want to go with out a manual or someone helping me. Congrats and she looks great.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amazing.
just amazing.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:08 PM

Im new to the forums and havent seen many of your posts, but I must say this one was absolutely incredible, good job on reapairing her and not giving up on something you love.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:10 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Bitchin thread, Jared! I should check the pictures section more often, I had no idea you posted this until now Glad to see she's up and going as she should be, and kept a lot of the (minty fresh!) internals from the old motor.

Let us know when 200k strikes.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:03 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well guys, just figured I'd post a little update on how she's doing. Not all too much to say other than.... bike is running great!!

Name:  6cd5cc9c.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  62.1 KB

Just went out and snapped this a few mins ago... logged exactly 15,316 miles since April 3rd when I got her running again after the wreck (177,428). In that time she's taken me all throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Virginia, and Maryland without even so much as a hiccup, and still going strong as ever and ridden each and every day. She did the 120 mile/day commute thing every single day (M-F) for 2 months straight without even batting an eye (errr headlight)

Only issue I've had was a couple weeks ago, I was over in Hickory, NC on my way to Best Buy, sitting at a long stop light and noticed I hadn't heard my cooling fan come on. Look down at the temp and it's at 231... 235... 239... uh oh! Quickly pull into a parking lot and discover my cooling fan blade is broken right in the center where it attaches to the motor shaft, so the motor is spinning but not the blade... arg! I just replaced this blade about a year ago for breaking in the exact same spot. I just put my old one back on for now that I fixed with some JB Weld and it's working fine for now... gotta go order another one tomorrow. That's the only thing though... everything else motor/trans related is perfect!

That's about it... 7,256 until the big 200k mark, shouldn't be too long. I think she'll make it there just fine....

Old 07-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

that'll be what next week for you Jared?? lol

Old 07-31-2010, 11:12 AM

Yeah next week even if he doesn't "ride very much"

Old 08-01-2010, 08:56 PM

Good to know all things considered that your bike is running so well

Old 08-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sticky?

this post has a lot of great pics and info that anyone could use when tearing into any part of their engine and i would hate to see this forgotton sometime down the road..

just a thought..

btw..this is a phenomenol job..ive never heard of or seen someone do a rebuild this in depth. i hope she keeps goin strong!

Quick Reply: thirdgen's massive F4i rebuild thread.... pix intense!!