Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Post your reasons for solitary riding...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juliet
now, I just want to bimble alone ... it's an age thing ..lol ..but, it is now my prerogative :-)

Jules
I dunno if its an age thing, I'm 18, and I look forward to riding alone, it releases my pent up stress from my life (trying to support my gf/son, work, previous life mistakes that still keep up with me). Just being alone sometimes helps me chill out and look at the good side of things.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fubbzie
I dunno if its an age thing, I'm 18, and I look forward to riding alone, it releases my pent up stress from my life (trying to support my gf/son, work, previous life mistakes that still keep up with me). Just being alone sometimes helps me chill out and look at the good side of things.
then it is actually a spiritual thing, as it is with me mostly ... the solitude and freedom of riding alone is what drives me to want to ride these day, just me, the bike and a vague idea of where shall I go today :-)

Jules

Old 04-26-2010, 02:03 PM

I have trouble finding riders that are willing to go any sort of legitimate distance. All my friends just want to ride for 10 min to the local burger joint and back or whatever. So, I'm on my own.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:29 PM

There are a couple of reasons for my riding solo. First, I've just been riding altogether for about 3 years and to find responsible sportbike riders is rare, especially in NYC. I'm at the age where it isn't cool to get stopped for doing stupid stuff. We don't need another reason for police to target sportbike riders considering I have been stopped, riding solo, just to check if I had the proper license. Second, the one time I met up with a couple of people, we rode through a state park I've never been. While trying to keep up with them, we all get stopped for speeding. Luckily, the police took pity on us and helped us out in court but it could have been avoided. Just my 2 cents

Old 04-26-2010, 11:59 PM

I like it because usually our group rides turn out like this and end with the second pic because someones paperwork isn't legit!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:45 AM

i mostly ride alone due to the fact that most of the riders around here are non-riding grip twisters, that pull off some of the stupidest stunts and draw major attention to all in the group. ive got too much to lose, i ride hard , but i pick the time and place with no influence from the fo-hawk group of punks that give all of us a bad rap...

Old 04-30-2010, 07:38 PM

ima bit of a loner as is and i absolutely do not trust a single person. so i ride alone alot. mostly singin to whatever i got in the headphones or talkin to myself. ima weird person. i got told the other day at a wawa that i was a scarylookin dude by some girl who was dared to say it to me by her friends. highschool kids should not be out past 2am on a school night!

Old 04-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes I feel like my friends and fellow motorcyclists are the least aware people there are and that hurts. Can't even tell you how many times I've almost had people run into me despite my efforts to look, signal, and look again. I can just imagine myself switching position within a lane or moving over a lane and having someone else rocket right into me. I enjoy riding alone. I can predict what moronic things cars are going to do, perhaps I'm giving those on 2-wheels around me too much credit. Guess I have to treat them like cagers as well. The more time and space between us, the better.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:44 AM

Lets see why do I ride? Mainly it is to clear my mind, refocus and continue on with what little time I have to things. There is something about a nice set of twisties that calms me down. Group rides or solo, I do not care but more or less it is solo for me.

Quick Reply: Post your reasons for solitary riding...