Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Post your reasons for solitary riding...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Post your reasons for solitary riding...

One of mine ..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIDH45Vu3TQ

Old 04-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Jules, you said it in your thread title - *solitude*.

Riding alone is a renewal of the spirit thing for me. I like a good ride alone out to the middle of nowhere or to one of my favorite spots...whether its twisties at a nice pace or simply a sport-touring casual type ride. Its the freedom of *my* ride without limitations or timelines, or hazards that tend to frequent group riding.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trust

I can't trust the guys I know that ride (co-workers). They're either way too stupid (the gixxer boy is on crash #4 in 1 year) or way underskilled (the 600rr guy still drags his feet at lights for 1/2 block after 1 1/2 years). And the guys I can trust don't ride.

I'm no expert. The F4i has actually set me back from the F3 as I'm kinda scared to get a scratch on her. But I don't ride stupid and won't tolerate stupid riding around me. And I expect you to try to improve your skills. For your sake, so your don't wreck out. And for my sake so I don't have to watch you wreck out on something easy

Old 04-23-2010, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr

Riding alone is a renewal of the spirit thing for me. I like a good ride alone out to the middle of nowhere or to one of my favorite spots...whether its twisties at a nice pace or simply a sport-touring casual type ride. Its the freedom of *my* ride without limitations or timelines, or hazards that tend to frequent group riding.

Yes, I tried to sum it all up with this video the best I could ... it's a spiritual and freedom thing, away from others and the mad world ... it's funny, I did used to love being out riding with others many years ago but I just want me and the bike now and to be able to say......I wonder where this road goes :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUF__LMG8q0

Old 04-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow

you always put the coolest vids together. very nice!!!
solitary riding is "different" and i like to just take off every once in a while by myself and not have to worry about everyone else on two wheels around me. kinda like what gotcbr said.
Thanks again for the video Juliet.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by crashndent
you always put the coolest vids together. very nice!!!
thank you :-)

the video has some personal meaning to me ... but mostly people can take
it as just a nice relaxing tour of some of my riding routes and places that
I visit on the bike ... I also wanted it to be something that you could watch
or play again whenever you felt like chilling out :-)

Jules

Old 04-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only time when I ride by myself is when I'm trying to reach a destination like work, football practice, etc. When its time for a ride my buddy that I've known for 13 yrs and showed how to ride is always with me. He is the only person I trust on two wheels. When we are not riding we are talking bout riding and various situations. When we do group ride we let everybody else take off and we hang in the back trailing just enough to see the group but far enough back incase one of those guys goes down we wont be part of the wreck.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly. Sometimes I just want to take a break from everything and ride exactly how I please with no strings attached.
Don't get me wrong, I like to ride in groups, too... but sometimes i just want to get away from everything.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Exactly. Sometimes I just want to take a break from everything and ride exactly how I please with no strings attached.
Don't get me wrong, I like to ride in groups, too... but sometimes i just want to get away from everything.

The truth is MOST times I just want to get away from everything these days, groups was great AND fun when I was young ... I couldn't imagine doing all that stuff now, the pace, the pressure, trying to get others to stop ... then having to jump back on the bike when you wanted another 30 minutes and another coffee ... winding it on and on and trying to keep up from the back or leading and feeling pressure to set the pace ... OMG noes!!, been there, done that, got the t-shirt ... now, I just want to bimble alone ... it's an age thing ..lol ..but, it is now my prerogative :-)

Jules

Old 04-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Juliet
I just want to bimble alone ... it's an age thing ..lol ..but, it is now my prerogative
/nods in agreement

Quick Reply: Post your reasons for solitary riding...