Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Post your local routes

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Post your local routes

So I was messing around with google maps trying outline our local favorite riding spot. Its about a 9 mile stretch with tons of curves, I ran it there and back 2 times yesterday, was awesome, and im loving these new Sport Demons. Since I have the route outlined, I thought I would share it with you guys and see what kind of roads you guys have around you. A new google maps feature is dragging and dropping beginning and end destination spots, so it changes the route outlined. The satellite VS map images may vary slightly as the map may be not charted exactly as the satellite imagery shows....it happend on my local twisty as you can see, but yes, those little twists below the blue line are the actual route.

This is our spot, PR37:

http://tinyurl.com/36bv7x

Old 07-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Post your local routes

WOW, that's awesome....someone PLEASE do this for a chicagoland area place...i have no place to really have fun on some twistys....

Old 07-16-2007, 01:08 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...;z=12&om=1

My favorite route to ride, 90% of it is through national forest.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Retired Moderator

Here's my favorite stretch of road. It starts in Alamogordo, NM (about an hour away, where I bought my bike) goes through Cloudcroft, NM, and stops in Mayhill, NM. Then we turn around and do it again.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...&t=k&z=11&om=1

Old 07-16-2007, 01:51 PM

fuze, i love the back roads that are all wooded, only im paranoid a deer is gonna run out when im doing 70. what is also cool is towards the end of our run, it comes out of a turn and straigtens our for probably a mile letting you rip that turn and come out rocketing.

wow, a 35 mile run fox....thats sweet. i rode 100 miles yesterday going out to my spot and running it.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Registered Users

can i just say...being from Chicago, I am completely and utterly jealous....seriously.....
here is what i ride everyday....pretty much what i ride all the time except when i hop on the highway or run an errand.....laugh and feel sorry for me...

http://tinyurl.com/34uyz2

Old 07-16-2007, 01:59 PM

Have you checked for any local boards or know any other riders in chicago? The route I posted is outside of the city, I had to ride a good 20 miles to get to the highway that takes another 15-20 miles to get to that road. If you find some local riders they may be able to show you some good runs. I would have never known about 37 if it was not other riders. I do feel blessed that we have awesome hill country and even better roads to ride on, but I know there has got to be something around your area.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Registered Users

no i am sure there is, but unfortunately i have yet to hook up with anyone around me that knows of a good area. unfortunately when you are down in the city like i am, most street riders ride to a place to then "hang out" rather trying to go out and ride. It's all about being pretty not riding, or at best just going fast on the highway. so most people i find just sort of ride fast on the highway then go hang at a local spot.....not dissing that, just i would like to really try and test myself and get better at riding...i have yet to find a place to even begin to work on my chicken strips....

oh well, when i finish the bar i will go find someplace...right now...stuck inside 14 hours a day studying...

Old 07-16-2007, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

http://tinyurl.com/34uyz2
LOL [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Sorry bro, that's just too funny.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Registered Users

yep....that's why i posted it....funny.....and very very very sad.......[sm=sigh.gif]

don't make me post my "highway route"......can you say straight line!

you gotta figure i love riding being that i like to ride and that is all i usually get to ride....can't imagine if i actually found some twisties where cops aren't where i could have fun...OMG.....have to stop thinking about that...getting too excited....

Quick Reply: Post your local routes