Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Police and Deals Gap

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Police and Deals Gap

I plan on going there soemtime this summer with about 25 people, it would be nice to know who actually has jurisdiction of the dragon, if anyone finds out please post it so we all know what the deal is with cops out there. Personally I think I will break a few laws while i am there so I would like to know who has the authority to really give me sh*t

Old 03-05-2007, 01:52 PM

Its a sweet road in Tennesse with as many turns as you can fit into an 11 mile street,
US 129 is the highway. The area is "Deals Gap" and the specific piece of US129 is called the "tail of the dragon"- google it, theres a bunch of info on the area.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

Old 03-05-2007, 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

You know what chaps my hide?

I'll say it, yeah I just posted in another thread about how racism sucks...

BUT I CAN'T STAND TRUCK DRIVERS... as a whole. I've never had a, "good" experience as a motorist on a highwaywhen they're involved. There are times when they are jerks and dicks, and there are times when they don't do anything besides what they're supposed to. NEVER, and I mean NEVER have I ever seen any type of courtesy from a big rig. NEVER.

They pull into the passing lane on a hill with a line of cars trying to pass, knowing damn well they can't get that hunk o' **** up that hill faster than any 4 door. They think it's funny to do rolling roadblocks. And heaven forbid you should get tired of their **** and flip them the bird as you pass...

Only to have them get on their radios and get a whole slew of truckers ahead to bully your around the roads. Bull****. 90% of them are meth heads and Ihave never had anything good to say about them. Like I said, there are times when they're just driving, or their being *********. NEVER do you see them let someone pass who actually can make it up a hill.

You know what's worse? As a frequent highway rider, I've ran into many a dicksmack truck driver that hangs out in the passing lane on an empty stretch of highway. Why? Maybe grandma Betty doesn't know any better, but don't tell me they don't know what the **** the passing lane is for. So not only are they being ******, now you have to make a choice.

Gun it and pass them on the right hoping they don't go total ******** on you and start moving over, or sit back and wait for the piece of **** to exit.

I HATE TRUCK DRIVERS and the idiots in that video are prime examples. What the hell...

They can't possibly believe that the Dragon is the fastest way to get from A to B. That tells me their ********* in Tennessee too.

As a truckdriver, Im sorry that youve never had a good experence with one. The problem with truckdrivers nowdays is that they are not brought up in the business like they used to be, instead they go to a 5-6 wk school to get their license and then act like they do in their cages. There are alot of ******* truckdrivers out here, they are also alot of us that try to be as curtious(sp?) as possible all the time. As far as going up a hill in the passing lane (im guilty), it about momentum and if you run up on another truck thats doing 15-20mph and you have the momentum/power to pass him, it doesnt make any sense to slow down when you have another lane to use. "Rolling Roadblocks" I dont agree with them, the theory is that when you enter a construction zone and cars are running ALL THE WAY to the end of an ending lane and ****ing up traffic by cutting ppl off that if they hold that lane that traffic will stay moving (slow) but it stops the "stop and go" traffic (in theory). It doesnt work, but thats why they do it. If everyone would obey the signs and move into the correct lane well in advance they wouldnt do that and traffic would flow better through construction.

Just my .02

James

Old 03-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that was alot of **** to take in at once. what exactly did it say at the end?

Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: thunder31634

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

You know what chaps my hide?

I'll say it, yeah I just posted in another thread about how racism sucks...

BUT I CAN'T STAND TRUCK DRIVERS... as a whole. I've never had a, "good" experience as a motorist on a highwaywhen they're involved. There are times when they are jerks and dicks, and there are times when they don't do anything besides what they're supposed to. NEVER, and I mean NEVER have I ever seen any type of courtesy from a big rig. NEVER.

They pull into the passing lane on a hill with a line of cars trying to pass, knowing damn well they can't get that hunk o' **** up that hill faster than any 4 door. They think it's funny to do rolling roadblocks. And heaven forbid you should get tired of their **** and flip them the bird as you pass...

Only to have them get on their radios and get a whole slew of truckers ahead to bully your around the roads. Bull****. 90% of them are meth heads and Ihave never had anything good to say about them. Like I said, there are times when they're just driving, or their being *********. NEVER do you see them let someone pass who actually can make it up a hill.

You know what's worse? As a frequent highway rider, I've ran into many a dicksmack truck driver that hangs out in the passing lane on an empty stretch of highway. Why? Maybe grandma Betty doesn't know any better, but don't tell me they don't know what the **** the passing lane is for. So not only are they being ******, now you have to make a choice.

Gun it and pass them on the right hoping they don't go total ******** on you and start moving over, or sit back and wait for the piece of **** to exit.

I HATE TRUCK DRIVERS and the idiots in that video are prime examples. What the hell...

They can't possibly believe that the Dragon is the fastest way to get from A to B. That tells me their ********* in Tennessee too.

As a truckdriver, Im sorry that youve never had a good experence with one. The problem with truckdrivers nowdays is that they are not brought up in the business like they used to be, instead they go to a 5-6 wk school to get their license and then act like they do in their cages. There are alot of ******* truckdrivers out here, they are also alot of us that try to be as curtious(sp?) as possible all the time. As far as going up a hill in the passing lane (im guilty), it about momentum and if you run up on another truck thats doing 15-20mph and you have the momentum/power to pass him, it doesnt make any sense to slow down when you have another lane to use. "Rolling Roadblocks" I dont agree with them, the theory is that when you enter a construction zone and cars are running ALL THE WAY to the end of an ending lane and ****ing up traffic by cutting ppl off that if they hold that lane that traffic will stay moving (slow) but it stops the "stop and go" traffic (in theory). It doesnt work, but thats why they do it. If everyone would obey the signs and move into the correct lane well in advance they wouldnt do that and traffic would flow better through construction.

Just my .02

James

Well said James!! There are quite a few jackass truckers out there.. But to you(kidcr3nshaw)-dont associate all of us together.. Im just out there tryin to make a living.. NOT ALL OF US ARE THE SAME!!!

Old 03-05-2007, 09:05 PM

I think that video should be used against that truck driver and he should be charged with attemted murder and lose his license for ever. That was bull @#$# can you imagine coming the other way at about 60 miles per hour you would be dead.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:12 PM

wow, yeah i drive a truck to......thanks

Old 03-06-2007, 01:06 AM
Banned

Okay, okay, okay people...

Let's not get our panties in a bunch. If you're a truck driver and can honestly say you've never used that damn big-*** rig to bully people around on the roads, honestly...

THEN I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU! I think I made that very clear. Truck drivers, like every other sterotype, has it's false presumptions. However, like very few other victims of stereotype -nearly every single person on the face of the planet with a drivers license has come into contact with, and based assumptions off of - other truck drivers. It's not just people being a bigot, as in following the heard in saying some crap like, "I don't like black people."

The vast majority of people who complain about truckers do so because of a personal experience. Not because it's cool to not like truck drivers.

Anyway... I still love you all. You are all my children.

Old 03-06-2007, 03:50 AM

on the trucker thing..I try to respect them because I understand that they have a big truck to try to control. they can be very rude as far as running redlights I mean serious red lights and they do have the tendancy to switch lanes pretty fast. I just try to think they do it fast because they want to do it when they have a chance. IN MI not many people know it, Since im in a position to know the traffic laws it is illegal to ride in the left lane unless passing. it just isnt a law that is enforced very strongly. Its like spiting on the sidewalk..are you really gonna write a ticket? anyway . they can be very predictable but yet they are good drivers they are controlling a big vehicle. how do u control your SUV on a windy day? they do a pretty good job but they have a big heavy truck and shipment to try to slow down and speed up so i try to be understanding when they try to switch lanes so they dont have to slow down 10 tons. Maybe you have bad experience where you live but just try to remember they have a huge truck and liability on their hands. They get alot of disrespect from drivers too. have you ever sped up and cut a truck driver off because you didnt want to chance him getting off your exit and you having to wait for him to make his left turn? They get $hit on a lot too. Im not taking sides but it seems to me its just like any other vehicle you have ******** that drive them and considerate people. A-holes drive sport cars and suv etc.. and nice people drive sportscars and suvs. N E way Im done. IT sounds like if you have a ticket on the dragon unless they are parks police it doenst hold please post up what you find regarding the impounding and the tickets that are being dished out upon us.

thx

Old 03-06-2007, 04:04 AM

k found this out today when i went back to work and got the full descrip from alot of my ofcr friends. even if the dragon is a reserve/federal prop. locals can pull people over on that road regardless due to it being in there jurisdiction or however u spell it. state pd can go any where they choose in there own state without regard of property. it sux but its the truth wildlife/reserve prop can be patrolled by regular pd and ranger pd.

Quick Reply: Police and Deals Gap