Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

now im not saying squid but JESUS!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: now im not saying squid but JESUS!!

Hey, none of us abide by the laws too often, but those of us with a level of maturity know the time and place for such fun. I have a favorite lake road nearby that is always clear at night. It's bumpy and hilly and if I hit certain hills hard enough, and preload the suspension, I can get air at 80. It's like my own high speed whoop section. I understand the grin one gets from stunting. To paraphrase Hunter S. Thompson, there is a place you get on a bike, where, at certain speeds, anymiscalculation is disasterous. Fear is found, then melts away into high, very high, exhiliration. That's the buzz. That's why we ride. I understand that, and appreciate that.

I also appreciate your articulate reply TK...and that long *** wheelie you did for no audience at all. Felt good didn't it? Keep the black side down my friend.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:32 PM

i'll pretty much sum up the whole way the world works.. "To be Old and Wise, you first have to be Young and Stupid"

Most stunters probably really suck at riding, so they stunt.
there are some dumb stunts - but if someone can take their bike to the point with an endo or a wheelie where it'sat BP and can hold itwith control of throttle/brake? to me that is getting to know your bike just alittle bit more.
every since the first motorcycle ever made, one guy looks at it and is like "i wonder how fast it will go?" and another guy looks at it and is like "wonder if i can get it up on one wheel?"

Old 08-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stuntin takes real talent, as does track riding. Just because they're different doesn't make one more valid than the other.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:46 PM

Nice bike BTW Vermino...

Hope you don't think I'm picking on you or the stunters. We all ride for that "buzz," I mentioned earlier. The time you spend on your bike, doing anything, makes you a better rider, even dorking around in parking lots (guilty) doing wheelies and such. If I seem venomous on this subject, it's because I was almost killed by a motorized fool who didn't think about others as he drove home and passed out. He ended up in my bedroom, I was four, and landed a Ford LTD on top of me, burning the skin off of my elbow and hand. He wasn't on a bike, but he could have been. He could have been a stunt nut trying to impress his friends when he accidentally shoots his bike into oncoming traffic at 90mph.

You can do anything you want to do with your life/bike, just don't take anyone else down with you. And, by extension, if you don't play by that ONE RULE, expect an old man to use you for a berm at the next turn.

But not you Vermino, you're the exception. From your words I can tell you're not a fool, just a guy who gets major grins from gettin a bit uneven on a bike. I can get behind that for sure.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:32 PM

thanks dork, and i know you aint going off on me.

trust me, i've learned from my mistake before - i was this squid once before.. i had a 95 CBR600F3 and i watched all the videos, i had my helmet and gloves on (this was when i was 17) - i thought i was a bad-*** and could do anything, so i went to do skiing on the side of the bike.I dont know what the hell i was thinking, I was STUPID!!. hit the median going 75mph, threw me off, bike was just twisted up and i had road-rash on my shoulders,knees, and forearms. I was lucky there was no oncomming traffic or someone could of just ran me over. A family car did pull over and started to help me relax and call 911, (i think the family were looking at houses- the wife was in the passenger,a daughter about 10 or so and a son about 5 or 6)well kind-of was sitting there on the curb waiting to get picked up and kept looking over to the guy's car and can see the son crying his eyes out.. So i kind-of hated myself for being such an *** - you think your only risking your own life but it effects others. so for $3,000(bike) and $1,450 medical bill and then to rub out the gravel with a hard sponge and alcohol... fun stuff..i think i've learned my lesson - i became real smart, real quick. and then not to have a bike for another 2 years? it took some time to pay off the bills and afford another bike.

but anyways I doget a nice grin on my face when the bike comes up, just like TK954RR said - it just totally take the stress away. I will pop one every so often but if i need to get my jolly's off, i take it to a control enviroment.

Stuntin takes real talent, as does track riding. Just because they're different doesn't make one more valid than the other.
agreed, and i love stunting and GP racing (if we had a track, i would probably do that myself)

You can do anything you want to do with your life/bike, just don't take anyone else down with you.
Ithink the more responsible riders take it to a controlled enviroment. I would rather be with a bunch of biker buddies doing it there and just stunting on open roads.. and i'm sorry to hear about your story - i lived in vegas my whole life and every week i will see a residental wall broke down (a car hit it from an accident or street racing) and it's scary, what happens if there was kids in the pool or something.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:34 PM

+1 on that.

It takes an incredible amount of practice and skill to do what some of the stunters do. And if you hang out on stuntlife or any of the other stunt boards, videos like this are made fun of just like they are here.

Just because you can wheelie or do an endo, doesnt make you a stunter.

And for whoever said stuntriders suck at riding...needs to re-read my first sentence and think again.

Also, interesting side note, I ride with a stunt team and alot of the guys have their "lot bikes" and then they have their "boy boy" nice bikes. We stunt on Sundays, ride to work through the week, and hit the twisty back roads on Saturdays. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.............................i watched that entire video waiting for a wreck (kinda based on what was said about the vid)............and.......im suprised he didnt wreck!

running red lights through clouds of smoke is the "in" thing now.......everybodies doing it!

Old 08-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy is a complete moron. Stunting is amazing, and I would LOVE to learn how to control an endo or ride a wheelie for 2 miles straight, but NEVER on public streets. He isn't a stunter, he's a moron wanting attention. Real Stunters take it off the public streets into a controlled environment away from innocent motorists.

I've said it, and it's been said over and over and over again. People that stunt on public roadwayslike this make ALL OF US look like inconsiderate jackasses in the eyes of all the other motorists.

It's like if I was drifting my car in traffic. It's moronic, immature, and puts peoples lives at risk. Bike are no different. Just because our bikes weigh less than a car doesn't mean we can't kill someone in one.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:07 PM

"thanks dork, and i know you aint going off on me. "

Heh, that's funny. But it's "Mr. Dork." hahah

I say we make a subgroup of the Stuntbikers...Attentionriders. These aren't really synonymous with a stunter, but more of a childish, novice version of a stunter.

I think we have coined a new term for squid- Attentionrider. hehe.

THis forum sure has been fun on these past two rainy days. Damn I want to ride.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: dorkbiker

..........But that's just cuz I'm old. In 37 years, I've seen a lot happen.........
Name:  angry.gif
Views: 4
Size:  179 Bytesdont use that word-OLD!!!!-i turned 40 yesterday!!!Name:  cryin.gif
Views: 5
Size:  194 Bytes

Quick Reply: now im not saying squid but JESUS!!