Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

now im not saying squid but JESUS!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: now im not saying squid but JESUS!!

Any stunt biker begging for attention in traffic deserves what he gets, even if it's the funeral home.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride. No sympathy for the devil." Hunter S. Thompson.

I have a beef with all stuntbikers who do crap in traffic. I was almost killed at four years old by a drunk who only thought of himself as he drove home. I have skin grafts and limited mobility in my right hand (enough for riding though) because of carelessness. One of these guys is going to flip that bike at speed and make a deadly speed bump for a soccer mom driving the kids home in a mini-van.

Perhaps I'm being harsh. But then I laugh when I watch Evel Kneivel's pelvis shatter when he bounces of the landing ramp at Ceasar's Palace because he refused to ride anything but a Harley with 4 inches of suspension. I giggle and think, "What an idiot."

I keep a set of Bark Busters on my 600 for giving the stunt squids a little tap when they get attention hungry around me. Keep it in the parking lot.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:06 PM

what the hell is a bark buster? I know them from my dirtbike days. they saved our hands...how would you use those to tap someone?

Old 08-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TeeSnob

he;s still learning.
He's an idiot, he has a serious lack of intelligence for choosing to *learn* where he is.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:02 PM

A bark buster is an aluminum bar that attaches to the end of the bars, creating a flat loop of sorts around your hands. They are used by enduro and cross countryridersfor tight trees. If you hit a tree, it will bump you, but not slam your levers or fingers. I raced enduros and moto-x and got tired of taking them on and off. The first moto cross I raced with the busters on, I found how handy a set of aluminum knuckles could be. I think they outlawed them for pro racing because they can be used like nerf bars to bump people out of the way.

I threw a set on the CBR after some punk almost took me off my bike showing me his wheelie.
As I heard in many a pre-race meeting, "You are entitled to your line. And you are entitled to hold your line."

Now, every time one of the local airmen or kids has to show me they have learned how to downshift and dump a clutch, I make a motion like my heart is fluttering, then ride into them and give them a light touch with the busters. Nothing dangerous...hehe.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: TeeSnob

he;s still learning.
He's an idiot, he has a serious lack of intelligence for choosing to *learn* where he is.
see i dont care if he is learning how to stunt - but just wearing golves and a helmet? then on a busy street? i know wheelies do take some feet, but i know that's florida and there are tons of empty lots to play around on. you can just tell he is learning, he is wobblely when he does the jesus christs (and it's only on the seat, which is also novice) and the wheelies at BP for him are luck of the draw it seems - sometimes he had them for 20-30 secs, then other times it was popped up and laid back down. he just shows alot of novices signs and the worse part he think he is a pro wearing no protection.

I still hate watching pro stunt videos with the rider on a open road with just golves and helmet - kind-of sets a bad example. I mean I know they are Pro and doing it for the camera but what they have compared to this guy in this video is probably 8 more years under their belt. They also have full cages and just a stunt bike for their videos, not a brand new 06 CBR1000RR with no frame sliders.

This guy has more skill and ***** then me, (i wouldnt do a jesus christ at that speed, and i'm still learning wheelies myself) but at least I have alittle more brain's then him. But ifthis guy was doing this on a closed road and with protection (or just one of them) i would of not said much about him or brought it up - but talk about red flag

Please dont take this guy as a good example..

Old 08-18-2007, 04:29 PM

Is it just me or is it not difficult to wheelie? Maybe people haven't been riding as long as I. I started when I was four, riding on the tank of my dad's Hodaka on an enduro. A couple of years later, I was trying wheelies on my Yamaha Enduro 60 and my dad waved me over to the van, "Are you going to learn to ride or keep dicking around?"

I guess that stuck with me. I still see wheelies and brake endos as jerk off manuevers. I mean really, their doing backflips on motocross bikes...trials guys can eat a sandwich on one wheel, either wheel.

Why do stunt riders think a wheelie is such big stuff? (Expletive deleted)

Old 08-18-2007, 05:21 PM

I mean really, their doing backflips on motocross bikes
that's like asking someone why they like boxing when K-1 is one step further, or maybe ultimate fighting which is 2 steps more.I dont like motocross because i'm not a dirt fan. you know 85% of all motorcyclist just ride to ride, the other 15% are doing the stunts. (it's some figure like that, dont quote me) I sure as hell respect a guy that does a backflip on a dirt-bike, no doubt. But just like i said before, some people likeultimate fightingand some dont.

Why do stunt riders think a wheelie is such big stuff? (Expletive deleted)
viewers idolize stunts they cant do - yes it's a very easy stunt (one of the basics) but alot dont know how to do it, and i'm still learning myself. i didn't grow up around bikes, i didnt have a dirt-bike as a kid nor any kind ofvehicle intil i hit 16 and got a car. Alot depends on your parents and what they did when they were kids, some will let their kids ride - somewont..

like isaid,most pro stunters have alot of time under their belt - probbly dates back to their parents to which let them.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:18 PM

I see your point to a degree. (mostly i see my improper use of the word "their," should have said "they're." But if you're saying you're taking crotch rockets to a new, higher level, I just have to laugh.

But that's just cuz I'm old. In 37 years, I've seen a lot happen in the moto-world. I was a child wanting to be Evel Kneivel until I heard him interviewed and realized he was a moron. Evel stood on the back of that ugly Harley and did wheelies like the stunters...why don't you guys start jumping over cars on bikes as ill-equipped for such a manuever as Evel did? Just a thought.

I remember a guy named Doug Domokos who could ride a wheelie around any supercross track. He even managed to negotiate the downhill from the ceiling at the old Houston supercross. I was impressed by his ability. But then he didn't try to make captive audiences of soccer moms in traffic...which is my real problem with stunters.

Some see that guy doing an 80mph power wheelie as cool, some see him as crazy; I just see a little child crying for attention. Fortunately for all of us, they thin their own herd.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:35 PM

I would agree that stunting is lame. I just don't get it. Most stunters probably really suck at riding, so they stunt.
I can picture the japanese engineers and designers of any of the big 4 bashing their heads into the wall when they see some turd on a highly engineered masterpiece of a sportbike stunting it like a tard.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I dont know about straight stunting, but i do like a good wheelie now and then. Usually after work i take a country ride home, there is a stretch of ok twisties then it opens to a 3-4 mile straightaway. There are never any cars (definately in the boonies) so i let er rip, when i get to the straight i love to do a 2 mile or so standup. I dont do this stuff on the highway or places i shouldnt. I also know its not the hardest thing to do, but none the less its not easy either. I have drag raced, done track days, and yet until this year i really couldnt wheelie. As dumb as this may sound, as decent a rider as i thought i was, i now feel even better that i can wheelie all day long. I set out to learn a skill on my bike i didnt have, and coquered it. I also wont deny after a crappy day at work, just floating along at balance feels really good and blows the stress away. I definately dont condone what this idiot was doing, but i think the skill of one wheel does have its place.

Quick Reply: now im not saying squid but JESUS!!