Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

New Cam Tank Mount

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Cam Tank Mount

ORIGINAL: Aken

Whatever floats your boat, I guess. I'm one of those weirdos that is in 6th gear by 35mph.
You and the semi trucks!!!! 35mph in 6th gear???

Old 12-23-2007, 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Aken

Whatever floats your boat, I guess. I'm one of those weirdos that is in 6th gear by 35mph.

in street .. try to stay in low gear .. for safety reasons

Old 12-23-2007, 11:59 AM

Put foam (like on earbuds) over the mic area.

By the way, why does your bike sound like crap.

You caught that person running a red. You should have followed them and got their license plate. LOL When they pull over and ask what you're doing, tell them. "I'm the red light monitor..........Bitch!!!"

Old 12-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

nice lane spliting. Live in Cali???

doesnt seem no more bouncey than any other mounts I seen. Not to mention $30 vs $60+ ya cant beat.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:25 PM

I'll try that foam stuff .. just have to tape it over somehow .. i like told u guys b4...i did try this@canyon2day

man ~ we couldnt even hit up a GMR .. almost got sandwiched by guy in front and behind me ..

little after mid point of video .. 07 zx6r black in front me of ran wide .. when ne went down his bike was covering half of lane .. due to that , guy in behind me ran over other guy's rear n went down too .. first clip is how he went down .. 2nd clip is showing damage on Zx6r subframe .. i couldnt take shot 2nd bike's damage ( was helping him out to make it work ) his whole front faring stay broke off .. so i had to use rope to make it secure .. they're fine .. minor scuffs here n there ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGFEprDHkf4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDRkG

Old 12-23-2007, 11:05 PM
July 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

You and the semi trucks!!!! 35mph in 6th gear???
I do it for gas mileage mainly - if you read the owners manual, it recommends being in 6th gear by 37 MPH I believe.

I don't see the point in running in anything lower than 4th gear while at a normal street speed (30-40 MPH). All I'm doing is wasting gas and annoying people with my exhaust. I'm also geared -1/+1, so I'm at a higher RPM than a stock bike as well.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Banned

Gas mileage? Thats a good reason.? I just dont see thatmuch of a difference in rpm's between 3rd and 6th at 35mph. But I wasnt knocking you at all. To each his own. I just like having that lower gear ready, incase I have to get out of the way of something.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:41 PM

Gas mileage? Thats a good reason.? I just dont see thatmuch of a difference in rpm's between 3rd and 6th at 35mph. But I wasnt knocking you at all. To each his own. I just like having that lower gear ready, incase I have to get out of the way of something.

+ 1

Old 12-24-2007, 01:01 AM

That camera does a nice job.

Got a 9 out of 10

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-came...-30690097.html

Old 12-24-2007, 01:42 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Yes it is a good reason. I like to save money, since when is that dumb? Lower RPMs are also less wear and tear on the motor. I abuse it enough when I'm driving like an idiot, I don't see the need to do it when I'm driving to the store. I also fail to see how the torque in third gear is going to save you any more than the ones above you. I have never in my history of driving any kind of vehicle have I needed to hardcore accelerate away from anything. If anything, your ability to turn is far more necessary. And I'd rather not highside because my back end flicked out while accelerating in third gear.

I guess 3k isn't all that much of a difference between gears, but the cons outweigh the pros.

Quick Reply: New Cam Tank Mount