Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

My weekend at Deals Gap ** Pics updated 15APR **

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My weekend at Deals Gap

wow..i know that was fun.. also i know you didnt take a pic of that delorean.haahahhah is was that hot biker chick...

Old 04-06-2006, 06:18 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

ORIGINAL: Way2Cool

are you serious she kicked your @ss on an r1! why didnt you give her my number don!!!!

No... She was a pillion. I got passed by someone with a passenger

even better..... j/k you did good don don im planning a trip now to the dragon when is a good time to go???

Old 04-06-2006, 06:50 AM
Retired Administrator

even better..... j/k you did good don don im planning a trip now to the dragon when is a good time to go???
If possible... try to plan if for a weekday. That is if you want less traffic. The weekends are packed and also they have lots of events. Look at dealsgap.com and make sure you want to hang out with that crowd. For example, Hog Nationals will be there during 8-10 June. I'd avoid that weekend, but Honda hoot will be 21-24 June. That might be fun. I'll be back on 3-5 of June, if everything works out right.

The weather is also a major factor. It changes quickly and is very unpredictable. The Saturday I was there was supposed to have thunder storms all day. We took the chance that Sunday was going to be dry enough (no rain predicted) and was planning to ride that day. Saturday was clear and up to the low 80's and it rained all day Sunday. Go weather man!!!

Old 04-06-2006, 04:06 PM

i took next weekend off so i'll be up there as soon as i book my room

Old 04-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Retired Administrator

Hey look... your signature has a picture in it now.

Is anyone planning a trip the first weekend in June? I may be back on the June 3rd and 4th.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Retired Mod

Nice i wish i could go there... oh is it me or is that girl hott???
She is hot... she was a pillion that passed me on an R1
that gave you a better view of the ***.....of the r1, that is!

and make sure to let me know of the final plans for june 3-4 when time gets closer. im off of work that weekend and would definately like a reason to go back down there. that is if all is good and well with my wrist, shouldn't be a problem but i am still wearing a splint and doing pt so who knows. just keep me and everyone else informed of the final plans.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Retired Administrator

How close are you? I'm looking at maybe going down on Friday and leaving Monday. My brother and some of his friends are planning riding there on Saturday, touring the area on Sunday and riding home on Monday. I might talk my friend into trailering down on Friday so we have all day Saturday to ride hard until the Gold Wings show up and slow things down a bit. I will do a lot more "touring" of the area this time. My friend is new to riding so he needs to take it easy and we will be taking the wives as well. Let me know what your plans are and we can meet up to say hi at the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort end to say hi.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey don, let me know for sure about that first weekend in june. i live about 2 hours from the gap, we usually get together 7-10 bikes and go up for the day. You are so right about the police, the only time i've ever seen one in there was when my buddy put his zx-6 into the cliff rocks, and man talk about being out of touch, thank god for a redneck with a cb. The place is great though, I'm glad you enjoyed it, someone also mentioned the skyway, if your up here for a few days try it also, it's a blast.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Retired Mod

How close are you? I'm looking at maybe going down on Friday and leaving Monday. My brother and some of his friends are planning riding there on Saturday, touring the area on Sunday and riding home on Monday. I might talk my friend into trailering down on Friday so we have all day Saturday to ride hard until the Gold Wings show up and slow things down a bit. I will do a lot more "touring" of the area this time. My friend is new to riding so he needs to take it easy and we will be taking the wives as well. Let me know what your plans are and we can meet up to say hi at the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort end to say hi.
sounds cool. my buddy would probably be with me. he's fairly new to riding and rides a cruiser so putting around is about all he would do. and i'm in south-western indiana, so it's still about 8 hours. not a short drive but my girlfriend is from bristol so it's easy to talk her into a trip down that way. she still has lots of friends from highschool there.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:25 AM

Great pics Don. I wish it was closer for me so I could make the trip, but we have some nice roads here in Wisconsin to ride on.

I did notice that your feet were centered on the pegs, I was going to suggest to move your foot back a little and kind of rest it on the ball of your foot, it works for me and keeps it from hitting the ground but I'm not sure if I'm suppost todo that. I also noticed that you are a bigger guy, not saying that you are fat or anything, but built like me. I was wondering if you had the suspension setup for you or if its just stock? Making some adjustments might help you out if you have done some suspension settings what have you done? I need to stiffen my suspension a little but I'm not sure where to start. I need to get some pics of me going through some corners so I can post them up so you guys can tell me how I'm doing, I'm still a noob but I'm coming along. Looks like alot of fun and keep the pics coming if you guys go.

-Jesse-

Quick Reply: My weekend at Deals Gap ** Pics updated 15APR **