Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

My weekend at Deals Gap ** Pics updated 15APR **

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My weekend at Deals Gap

are you serious she kicked your @ss on an r1! why didnt you give her my number don!!!!

Old 04-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Retired Super Moderator

Great pics don....did you actually buy all of those from moonshine? I know the deals gap pics are $5 apiece, how much were those?

As far as the police at the gap...there were two days while i was down there that a tennessee cruiser was actually parked about 2 miles INSIDE the dragon (two miles from the end)...he was parked at one of the larger pull off areas clocking people as they came out of the turn...i was lucky enough to be at one of the boat docks that Don mentioned when we saw him head up the dragon.

Did you get a chance to ride the Cherohola Skyway Don? One of the most beautiful roads i've ever been on, and just as fun as the dragon...turns are not as tight, but many 180 degree long high speed turns....we usually hit the turns at 50, came out at anywhere between 90 and 110....but there are no surprises or turns that tighten blindly, so it's a blast---and not a single cop anywhere.

Anyways, there are about 20 of us from around here that are plannin a trip in may to head back for 4-5 days. We have an awesome and cheap place to stay at the Kickstand Lodge, so if anyone wants to go let me know. My orders have me leavin June 4th, so this'll be the last real good ridin i'll be able to do for awhile.

-Adam

Old 04-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fantastic pics dude -- looks like you guys had a blast.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:07 AM

Killboy will ride your *** for being on that double yellow if he got pics of you

Old 04-05-2006, 01:36 PM

Great pictures, that place is always full of bikes.

now for the good stuff...a word of advice; get off the bike more so you don't have to lean it that much. Maybe because you didn't have knee pads or leather pants but i think that if you've been there before you should of known to go prepaired.

They are great pictures and you did a great job on that bike but on the angle that you're turning sitting square on the sit could of gave you a scare. Just my $0.02

Old 04-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NICE, i would love to go ride there. when i lean i like to start leaning, then keep my body straight up and just push the bike into the lean.

gotta love that you guys are ridin Honda Yamaha and Suzuki!

Old 04-05-2006, 03:32 PM

Fantastic pics! What kind of camara do you use?

Old 04-05-2006, 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

I'm hugging the lines at time because if you can see through the corner.... you use it. The roads are very, very smooth and clean.
Yeah..I was thinking perhaps it was one of those corners. Wasn't too sure from the pic how far you could see through the corner.

It looks like you could have easily dragged a knee (had you had the proper gear for it) if you had gotten your butt off a tad more...

Old 04-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Retired Administrator

ORIGINAL: Way2Cool

are you serious she kicked your @ss on an r1! why didnt you give her my number don!!!!

No... She was a pillion. I got passed by someone with a passenger

Thanks for all the tips. That's one of the reasons I posted pics. I know Fretless33 is one of our track riders and I was looking for tips. After reviewing the pics, I know I ride the hell out of the line. I was able to see through the turns... but I should practice staying center. Really.... keep the tips coming.

I do not have proper gear for knee dragging. I learned quickly to tuck my toes in the first time my left foot dragged. I hope to go back soon (maybe in June) and I’ll play around more since I know my faults now.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Retired Administrator

Too many questions to answer in one reply:

I didn't buy any pics from moonshinephoto. The top collage are the ones from their site... I did the screen shot and paste thing. The full size pics are with my new Nikon D50 with a Tamron 28-300 lens. We wanted to make sure we had some pics and wanted to see how we looked (for mistakes and so on)... so we found a good spot and took a few of our own. My buddies gixxer 750, aka. the hatch back.... has tons of room in the tail for my camera. He's the best rider so I never worry about him having the camera. I nicknamed his bike the hatch back because we carry his .40 and my 9MM with extra shirts, sodas.... and so on at the same time. I used bubble wrap and t-shirts to protect the camera.

Quick Reply: My weekend at Deals Gap ** Pics updated 15APR **