Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

My weekend adventures into the forest.... LOTS of pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My weekend adventures into the forest.... LOTS of pics!!

why did he not negotiate that turn? targeted on something off the road perhaps? that was not a hard turn whatsoever!
great pix mang...glad you found some twists out there!

Old 11-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow clocked up a fair few miles, looked like you had a great week-end shame about the spill but a least he walked away! Looking at the price of fuel (U.S. to U.K.) I guess it costs you about 10 dollars to fill up, i've just filled to the top and cost me £14.36 GB pounds (about 27.27 dollars) Mega tax on fuel over here!

Old 11-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea we are subsidized by the govt. as far as fuel tax! woohooo!!!

Old 11-07-2006, 05:29 PM

that was AWESOME.. i love picture stories...sad about the crash tho, at least the guy is alright but we need a mechanic STAT

Old 11-08-2006, 02:20 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

why did he not negotiate that turn? targeted on something off the road perhaps? that was not a hard turn whatsoever!
great pix mang...glad you found some twists out there!
Well here's the deal with what happened. Keep in mind I've never met any of these guys before in person or ridden with them, only one I kinda knew was Aron on the blue '03 R1. He's a big track junkie, and I know he can f'ing ride! But as for everybody else, I really don't know how well they ride or not. This guy was in front of me, and at the beginning of the ride I told them, new group of people I don't know I'm staying in the back, like I always do riding with new people. Not too far into the ride I was right behind this guy, and even on some of the lower speed curves he was going waaaaay wide and into the oncoming traffic lane. Luckily nobody was coming but he was starting to scare me. Everybody else took off a little faster but Aron always waits whenever the group makes a turn or anything, so no worries about that. I don't want to go around him cuz I see he seems to be having trouble, and I don't want to just leave him in the back alone knowing that incase something happens. Sooo I stay behind, we get up a little farther and Aron is waiting cuz we turn onto a different road, then he jumps back in behind the 2 of us. We're going along for a couple of miles, get behind a couple of trucks for a bit. The fast people in front pass the trucks, then some cars are coming so the 3 of us had to wait to pass. Well he was the first one of the 3 of us, and I think it was either in the curve or right after it he went to pass the trucks. He made it past them fine, when when he went to move back over into lane he just kinda kept going to the right, hit the little drop off thingy on the side of the road, and once you hit that it kinda pushes you sideways and off into the grass he went. Back end started going back and forth and down he want. Hit his head on the edge of the metal sign and then on the 4x4 post that snapped (yea, with his head[:-]) Aron and I were still behind the trucks when it happened and he got a much better view of it than I did, but I saw the dirt and dust flying and then soon as I saw that the F150 and the other truck in front of him dip over into the grass immediatly and stopped and jumped out. A couple other people stopped too, luckily a lady in a CRV on her way to church, cuz she was one of the only one with a cell phone signal out there. Soooo that's the dealio on how that happened. Oh well live and learn, I guess!

Anyways, thanks for all the compliments! I too didn't know Florida had roads like this, I'm really glad I went up there exploring... now I know! Matt, I-75 isn't toooo bad, on sundays heading south it's actually the t-pike that gets crazy! I'm used to it though, I used to take I-95 everyday to work in morning rush hour traffic. If you can ride in that you can ride in anything, hahaha. Actually the one highway I avoid like the plague is I-4 around Orlando... HEEEELLLL NO!!

Old 11-20-2006, 10:02 PM

Ocala is only an hour from my house. I wrote down the numbered road you said you wanted to hit again so I can probably find it but are all the roads around there like that?

Old 11-20-2006, 11:37 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: FordFrenzy97

Ocala is only an hour from my house. I wrote down the numbered road you said you wanted to hit again so I can probably find it but are all the roads around there like that?
I'm not sure... I didn't have enough time to explore everything. Just had to look at my map and pick a few that looked good. There's ALOT of roads out there in the forest! Just have to spend some more time exploring and see what pops up. 314A is good though... not a whole lot (but still nice) north or Rt. 40, but take it south of Rt. 40, you go past a BP with 2 pumps then a yellow flashing light. After the yellow light the next road on the right... take that road. You'll love it, I promise!! . Then you can either come back on that road, continue for another mile or so on 314A and make a left on the last road before 314A ends or turns into dirt. That's a nice one too. Also the first road (after the yellow light), when you get to the end of that make a left by the little store and follow that road. When it forks, take the right fork. You'll like that one too!

Good luck and have fun!! Stay safe.. there's animals out there! Let me know what you find