Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Another weekend, another roadtrip!! LOTS of pics...again

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another weekend, another roadtrip!! LOTS of pics...again

Who would have guessed?!?!? [sm=icon_rofl.gif] I really wasn't sure if I was gonna be able to go or not cuz of my flat tire, and not sure if I'd get my new wheels in time. But lucky for me, they came on friday so I threw them on then called Fred (cbr04) up in Lakeland to see if the big ride was still on for sunday. He got back to me later in the afternoon and said come on up, so I packed my stuff up real quick and hit the road! He said him and his fiance were going to Orlando to do some shopping and wouldn't be back until 8:00 or so, so I took my time and made my way up there. Headed up 27, stopped in Clewiston for something to eat, and then realized the sun was going down and I was heading north... it was gonna get cold and I totally forgot my cold weather stuff at home (thermals, long socks, warm gloves, etc). I did at least have my heavy jacket with the liner and a heavy sweatshirt. So I ran into the walmart there and bought some thermals and long socks and gloves that fit over my current ones. VERY glad I did!! So I continued on my way, now after dark, rode through LaBelle and River Rd like we usually go on our sunday rides (it's alot more fun at night!! Especially when you're blind like me! [:-] ), stopped at the Shell station at the end for gas and put all my cold weather gear on. 75 is not even 10 minutes from that gas station so I headed west and jumped on 75 and made my way north

Got up to Lakeland about 9:00. Called Fred up and he was still stuck in nasty traffic trying to leave Orlando... so I had to wait around for about 45 mins or so at this gas station

After some food at Dennys, we went back to Freds house to get a few hours of [sm=sleeping.gif] . Gotta meet up at 7:15 the next morning! A VERY special thanks to Fred for his generous hospitality for letting me crash at his place, and for dinner! [sm=hail.gif] [sm=hail.gif]
Name:  DSC01339.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  53.4 KB

Early sunday morning warming the bikes up and bundling ourselves up... it was 42 degrees!
Name:  DSC01344.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  136.2 KB

Name:  DSC01345.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  90.6 KB

Met up with the central Florida SBN crew in Bartow
Name:  DSC01346.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  97.3 KB

Name:  DSC01347.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  107.2 KB

Name:  DSC01348.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  70.2 KB

Whoa it's my evil twin!
Name:  DSC01349.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  119.3 KB

After chatting for a bit and introducing ourselves, we all rode over to Chalet Suzanne, the beginning point for a Poker Run/Memorial Ride for this fallen deputy and his K9. There was supposedly 5000 bikes expected... not sure how many actually ended up showing. There were ALOT of bikes there when we pulled out though!
Name:  DSC01363.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  75.3 KB

Name:  DSC01351.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  187.5 KB

Name:  DSC01352.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  142.4 KB

Name:  DSC01360.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  142.8 KB

Name:  DSC01362.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  193.3 KB

Name:  DSC01369.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  168.8 KB

WHY!?!?! [sm=headbang.gif]

Second stop on the poker run
Name:  DSC01376.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  174.2 KB

[img]https://i2.photobucket.com/albums

Old 11-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Another weekend, another roadtrip!! LOTS of pics...again

Aight Jared and Fred, now you're just rubbing in the fact that you're in FL and we're not [:@]

j/k meng [8D], nice pics ... hopefully I'll make it down there sometime with my bike and ride.
p.s. Fred's wife ride along or she got her own bike now?

Old 11-21-2006, 12:20 AM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

Aight Jared and Fred, now you're just rubbing in the fact that you're in FL and we're not [:@]

j/k meng [8D], nice pics ... hopefully I'll make it down there sometime with my bike and ride.
p.s. Fred's wife ride along or she got her own bike now?

[sm=exactly.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif] It's just... too easy! LOL

Anyways, YES, get your *** down here sometime and ride! Check out my pics from 2 weeks ago in the Ocala Forest... NICE roads there! Freds wife didn't come with, and no bike yet.. but who knows! . Nice to hear from ya again KB.... we were just talking about you this weekend!

Old 11-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics!! Looked like alot of fun. But I got a question. You said it was friggin cold when you went home. How cold does it get in Florida? Honest question. I went out for a ride Saturday and early in the day it was about 39-40 degrees. To me thats pretty f**king cold. Just wondering and once again great pics.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:48 AM
Ironmang

Thanks! It was about 50 degrees when I was coming across Alligator Alley. During the day when the sun is out it's not too bad, but at night when it's windy (we're having a cold front right now), it really feels nippy. It's noticably warmer on the coasts, but in between which is just open swamp land all the way across from the west coast to the east coast, it's colder. Not bad for a short ride, for for a 5 hr ride like this when you're already chilly, just a few degree drop can make a big difference! Still warmer than when we left sunday morning... 42 degrees LOL

Old 11-21-2006, 11:52 AM

I think I might have to leave the forums for the winter. It's too depressing to read about people riding and seeing pictures like these and then going out to the garage looking at my bike and the thermometer and asking myself "do I really want to ride when it's 30 degrees out right now?" =(

Mike

Old 11-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Banned

I love readin your riding stories and looking at the pics man, to me, that's what it's all about. Everything else is just a space taker.

Yeah, it's getting cold here. I had to ride home in 21 degree weather the other morning from work. It was hilarious though, everyone was walking out to the parking lot to scrape their windows and wamr up there cars and here I am draggin' my elbow across the saddle to knock off the ice. I did a burnout to warm up my rear tire. Funny thing was, the sheriff looked at me and shook his head, he's a rider but they call me hardcore (whatever), I thought he was gonna be pissed that I was sittin' in our parking lot smokin' the rear tire off because it's very open and viewable to the public...

blah blah blah...

Anyway man - stay warm ya bastard - can't wait to see the saga continue. How many miles you got on 'er now?

Snowboarding, get you some cold weather riding gear - I did. I'll be riding all winter unless it's freezing rain, sleet or ZERO degrees out.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

I love readin your riding stories and looking at the pics man, to me, that's what it's all about. Everything else is just a space taker.

Yeah, it's getting cold here. I had to ride home in 21 degree weather the other morning from work. It was hilarious though, everyone was walking out to the parking lot to scrape their windows and wamr up there cars and here I am draggin' my elbow across the saddle to knock off the ice. I did a burnout to warm up my rear tire. Funny thing was, the sheriff looked at me and shook his head, he's a rider but they call me hardcore (whatever), I thought he was gonna be pissed that I was sittin' in our parking lot smokin' the rear tire off because it's very open and viewable to the public...

blah blah blah...

Anyway man - stay warm ya bastard - can't wait to see the saga continue. How many miles you got on 'er now?

Snowboarding, get you some cold weather riding gear - I did. I'll be riding all winter unless it's freezing rain, sleet or ZERO degrees out.
Thanks bro! Glad you enjoy the pics. She just turned 72,000 on the way back, actually not too long after the last pic at the mobil station

Old 11-21-2006, 10:30 PM

WOW thats a good looking 954 on your 22nd picture..... O wait thats MINE!! hahaha Good times in polk!

Old 11-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: srob

WOW thats a good looking 954 on your 22nd picture..... O wait thats MINE!! hahaha Good times in polk!
hahahah oh damn that was you? [sm=icon_rofl.gif] Funny coincidence! I saw you guys pull in and was snapping pics, and took one of your bikes just cuz I had already taken too many cruiser pics, lol. Didn't know it was gonna be somebody on here... cool! Wish I could have met you guys... I tend to be a little shy so it's not too often I walk up to people and strike up a convo. Now that I know though, next time I'm up that way we might be able to meet up!

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Had a great time myself!

Quick Reply: Another weekend, another roadtrip!! LOTS of pics...again