Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

My new family addition!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new family addition!!

My wife and I finally got a puppy on Friday. She is a 6 week old boxer, and we named her Maya. I've wanted a boxer for so long... I can't wait for her to get a little bigger!

[IMG]local://upfiles/10423/CA3CBB89818146C8899ECCDDA91D8458.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Default RE: My new family addition!!

goddamn wut is it with everyone gettin a dog GOSH WE DONT CARE... sorry we do im just jealous.[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 11-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice. congrats.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:09 PM

You're going to love having her around. I've got a boxer puppy too. He's now 5 1/2 months old and a riot to have around. Not sure how much research you have done on boxers but they are very high strung dogs and require a lot of exercise. Constant laughs but make sure she knows you're the boss or you can be in for some trouble.

Here's a picture of my boxer. His name is Tyson.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:31 PM

people that live next to my parents have an awsome, very well behaved boxer, she is great with kids

Old 11-05-2007, 11:47 PM

i have a boxer that just turned 2 last month...he is the best dog i have ever had. he listens to every word i say and is great with people. i wouldnt trade him for the world!!! enjoy man...boxers r the best!!!

Old 11-06-2007, 10:24 AM

Yeah, I know she's going to be a GREAT dog. Since she's so young, I'm still trying to figure out what I should let her get away with, and what I should keep her from doing. I don't want to let her learn any bad habits.
She will not stop trying to jump onto the couch. She's too small to actually get up there, but it won't be long. No matter how many times I say "down" and lead her away, she just comes right back. I try to distract her with toys, etc... Maybe it won't last long.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:44 AM

When I first got my boxer he was 7 weeks old and was exactly like your female is. I tried not to let Tyson away with too much, but on occasion he was allowed up on the couch and bed. Now he thinks he should be allowed on the bed and couch when ever he wants haha. It's not a big problem but can be annoying when he starts whining to get up.

From my 5 months of experience these dogs are really smart. Tyson seems to remember everything he has been allowed to do, so once again I wouldn't let her away with too much or she'll be looking to do it when she gets bigger and doesn't quite fit anymore.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Retired Moderator

I have heard Boxers are one of the top 10 best family dogs. Congrats on your new puppy!

Old 11-06-2007, 11:50 AM

i got troy when he was only 4 n a half weeks old...i know i know...way too young to take him away from his mother. the only reason i did take him so early was because he was in a bad environment when he was born. the people i got him from barely cleaned up after the the dogs they had and there were fleas all over the puppies. i got him outta there because i was worried about him being neglected like the other dogs they had. after i got him home, he was really really sick and i had to hand feed him and nurse him back to health...pretty much had to take him everywhere with me for the first couple of months. i think all the personal attention he got when he was younger brought me and him a lot closer and its another reason he loves people so much. i guess with all this rambling im tryin to say u can never give em enough attention and its the best for u and the dog to spend as much time together when they r growin up as u can. i wouldnt trade troy for the world and he has been the best friend a guy could ask for...ill have to get some pics up here sometime...good luck with the puppy!!!

Quick Reply: My new family addition!!