Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

My first time doing wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first time doing wheelies

I was messing around today and figured I'd go to a parking lot and try some wheelies. Not to bad for my first time. All were in first gear. let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-clzdiM5MEk

Old 08-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My first time doing wheelies

I think you need gear esp if ya gonna **** around like that.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:33 PM

I'll problably wear gear when I start actually riding them. but yea it wasnt the best idea I've ever had..haha

Old 08-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see my sig?? thats the least gear I wear if I leave the yard on the bike. Only exception has be at our rally last month. Riding around Fontana I wore only my helmet. Tho I never went faster than 10mph lol.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Looks good for the first try, stay relaxed and keep working at it.

I have to add though, and i really am not normally a gear ****. But watching you do that in shorts makes me sick, if you want i can show you some pics of friends that have crashed in a lot going 20mph, but i promise you they are nasty. Just get some basic gear, and put some jeans on. I can almost certainly guarantee someday your gonna drop the bike, maybe at 5mph, or 50 mph, its gonna happen. Just be ready and protected. Sorry for preaching, but i went down this year (15+ years of riding) several frinds have, and i have seen 2 deaths, tends to make you aware of why gear is important.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:22 AM

^ +1. thats a good preach tk9 i dont think anyone can complain about that. too bad im not always that patient.

good first try but yeah add some gear to be safe man

Old 08-25-2008, 08:55 PM

hell yeah, thats (hed)p.e. in the background son! you just went up a notch in my book! GRAB MORE THROTTLE! stay relaxed. keep the back break covered! and wear pants at least for christ sakes!

Old 08-26-2008, 01:37 AM

well at least he is doing it in a parking lot.. im not going to be a gear ****, but at least wear some jeans and boots (the jeans will somewhat prevent burns) where the boots wont fall off like tennis shoes and also save your ankle twisting if it gets underneath the bike or you try to save yourself.

they are looking pretty nice though - shows your not going overboard or have an ego boost when the camera is rolling..

Old 08-29-2008, 09:11 PM

thanks for the replies and yea I'll defenitly add some gear. I usually do ride with pants and boots on. But it was hot as hell that day and I go lazy. But thanks for the input.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:57 PM

Nice job keeping it off the crowded streets. that's a good idea doing it in a parking lot. I wish more people had the sense to dothe same. I'm getting so sick of seeing these clowns on the interstate during rush houron one wheel. I can't imagine why sportriders have such a bad rep.

So when you get better, keep it in the parking lots ora back road that doesnt see much traffic.

and +1 on just about everything already said.

Quick Reply: My first time doing wheelies