Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

My F3

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fastrax -- thanks for the honest input.

personally i could give 2 ****s about your opinion. it almost sounds like you've got some sand in your mangina. but i'm not turning this into a flame war at all.

everyone has their own opinions and entitled to it. i like constructive criticism.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Drewsive
fastrax -- thanks for the honest input.

personally i could give 2 ****s about your opinion. it almost sounds like you've got some sand in your mangina. but i'm not turning this into a flame war at all.

everyone has their own opinions and entitled to it. i like constructive criticism.
You're welcome. On a serious note, how does it stop when you're pushin' 70+mph? Can you roll it hard through the twisties without scraping up the bodywork? Had a good friend of mine that has a stretched, air-ride '04 636 with a 240 rear conversion do a long ride with us, he left about 20 miles into it cause he kept scraping fairings. Just wondering if you have the same issues.

Before you throw a BS flag, here's the bike:

Name:  CIMG3033.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  140.0 KB

Last edited by fastrax203; 07-30-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:25 AM

Oh, and if you ask for people to "Flame Away", you're not supposed to get butthurt and retaliate when someone says something negative about your bike. It's what you ASKED for, remember? So take the sand I threw in YOUR mangina and put it in a bottle next to the night table to remember me by.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:26 AM

i mean the front brake is more tight than a virgins *** dude. i've had a couple instances of quick stopping and was surprised at how much stopping power it has. Plus down shifting is my friend too. I'm a real cautious rider. I don't haul *** down the highway like most sport riders do. I'm lucky to go over 90mph.

Call me a wuss, but I've just had too many friends die on these things.

I can roll semi-hard through twisties. Only real time i end up scraping is in ruts in the road, speed bumps or making a turn with a slight hump in the road (does this make sense?)

Old 07-30-2009, 08:27 AM

I think both bikes look wicked!!!! I love the stretched look!! Maybe that's an east coast thing but ..... to each their own. I was thinking about stretching mine too but I don't know about lowering it. I'm 6'3.
And, why would you have to remove your rear brake? Can't you replace it with a new one?

Old 07-30-2009, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by dawoonj
I think both bikes look wicked!!!! I love the stretched look!! Maybe that's an east coast thing but ..... to each their own. I was thinking about stretching mine too but I don't know about lowering it. I'm 6'3.
And, why would you have to remove your rear brake? Can't you replace it with a new one?
I've seen a few bikers that do it because they have to make a new hose to reach the now stretched far away rotor.

The chrome does set off the bike, I like that. Better than my white pieces that have to be cleaned every time I get off. Workmanship is good, I'm not a fan of it though.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by fastrax203
Oh, and if you ask for people to "Flame Away", you're not supposed to get butthurt and retaliate when someone says something negative about your bike. It's what you ASKED for, remember? So take the sand I threw in YOUR mangina and put it in a bottle next to the night table to remember me by.
haha will do sir.

I'm 6'1, so we're about the same height. It's comfortable for me.

And it's mainly just for show. You don't HAVE to remove the rear brake, but it looks cleaner. Mind you, you only have HALF the brakes you used to.

I bought the bike with no rear brake. I am piecing together the rear brake setup and it will be going back on the bike.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe that's an east coast thing but .....
No, it has to do with being a curb jockey versus someone who bought a bike to ride it...

Originally Posted by Drewsive
And it's mainly just for show. You don't HAVE to remove the rear brake, but it looks cleaner. Mind you, you only have HALF the brakes you used to.
Make that 1/3 with only one rotor on the front...

Old 08-03-2009, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by fastrax203
Oh, and if you ask for people to "Flame Away", you're not supposed to get butthurt
OMG I almost pissed myself....

Anyway, I'm guessing you never ride with a passenger? I always use both brakes but I use my rear brakes a lot when the wife is on. Only one front caliper? Do yourself a favor get those brakes up tp par ASAP. If you had a lot of friends wreck I don't need to tell you that these things are dangerous let alone when you remove 75% of what stops your *** from slamming the guy in front of you.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by shawnyc01f4i
OMG I almost pissed myself....

Anyway, I'm guessing you never ride with a passenger? I always use both brakes but I use my rear brakes a lot when the wife is on. Only one front caliper? Do yourself a favor get those brakes up tp par ASAP. If you had a lot of friends wreck I don't need to tell you that these things are dangerous let alone when you remove 75% of what stops your *** from slamming the guy in front of you.
Apparently it's no longer a "sport" bike it's just a "show" bike. The only requirement (as far as I can remember from Nopi shows) is that the car can be DRIVEN into it's assigned spot and stop. It doesn't have to be safe on the street. That bike wouldn't pass any safety inspection anywhere the way it is. He says he can push a "little" hard in the twisties, I doubt that since it's slammed and has 1 brake on it. So he DDs it, whoopty doo that just means it moves and stops, hardly means it does much more than that SAFELY. Defeats the purpose of the bike honestly.